Randomly Spacing Out. Do I Need Help?

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 09:16 pm
Sometimes out of nowhere I just black out and sit and stare at nothing for 10 minutes to an hour. I always get in trouble because my mother thinks I'm being lazy and ungrateful where I honestly can't control myself. I sometimes need these times to get me focused. Like as I finished writing the previous sentence I started in space for minutes. I'm not looking for medical help just personal opinions. Thanks for reading.

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 09:27 pm
Tell your Dr. about these episodes.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 09:44 pm
@DashDynamic,
If you had described it just a little differently, I would think it were perfectly normal. Spacing out or blacking out.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 09:51 pm
@DashDynamic,
A boyfriend of.mine, of long ago, had epilepsy and occasionally had petite mal seizures. The casual observer would not see his small facial spasms but would just think he was daydreaming. He lost all sense of time and surroundings when they happened.

Get checked out by a.doctor to relieve your worries.

ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 09:54 pm
@DashDynamic,
I don't know, as you may have something going on medically, re which I've no idea.

The usual thing is that some people with working brains like space and not to be yammered at. Closing out noise can be a reaction. But I don't take that as your problem.
I do think it may be a medical problem, and that you shouldn't dance around that.

I would be worried and get it checked out.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 10:39 pm
@Butrflynet,
Yes, petite mal is the first thing occurred to me too.

See a doctor.
0 Replies

DashDynamic

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 09:33 am
@DashDynamic,
Thanks for replying. I know this isn't normal because I always do it with our without a trigger
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 10:06 am
@DashDynamic,
There's probably a trigger each time that you're not aware of, e.g. a blinking light, an unexpected visual stimulus of some sort etc.
DashDynamic

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 01:23 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
That makes sense. The main problem about it is that I can sit for an hour just staring at nothing. I don't know. Thanks for responding
0 Replies