Timing of Bill Cosby's sexual alligation

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 01:26 am
What prompted these women to come forth with sexual abuse allegations against Bill Cosby now that he appears old and less able to defend himself? Normally victims want their alleged perpetrators punished at the time of the offense. Have these ladies taken lie detector tests, or have they agreed to take them?

jespah

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 07:48 am
@Chacha66,
I have no idea re the timing but lie detector tests are notoriously unreliable and are often inadmissable.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 08:01 am
@Chacha66,
I think Cosby is perfectly able to defend himself and rich enough to hire a stable of lawyers to defend him.

A lot of assaults aren't reported, especially when the accused is powerful. It seems that once one person reports that others feel safe enough to come forward; we see that happen all the time with clergymen, teachers, coaches, politicians, etc.
Pearlylustre

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 02:54 pm
@boomerang,
Quote:
A lot of assaults aren't reported, especially when the accused is powerful. It seems that once one person reports that others feel safe enough to come forward; we see that happen all the time with clergymen, teachers, coaches, politicians, etc.

And that fits with what victims of Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris and Australian actor Robert Hughes have said as well. I wonder if the high profile cases in the UK encouraged some of Cosby's accusers to come forward as well.
contrex

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 04:56 pm
@Pearlylustre,
Pearlylustre wrote:
Jimmy Saville

Savile (one 'L')
Pearlylustre

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 05:12 pm
@contrex,
Oops...of course he was 'vile'.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 10:24 pm
more accusations last week

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3015294/Bill-Cosby-accused-rape-two-women-come-forward-say-actor-gave-pills-sex-teenagers-including-family-friend.html
ehBeth

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 11:05 pm
@ehBeth,
http://abcnews.go.com/US/bill-cosby-admits-giving-quaaludes-woman-seeking-drug/story?id=32261612
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 02:33 am
Alligation . . . does that have anything to do with reptiles and expensive luggage?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 03:05 am
@Setanta,
Why did I think that when I read your first word?

Actually about to watch something on TV that stated the lawyers "tried" to stop a previous statement he made but lost.

I do think he may now be in a weeeee bit of trouble.

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 03:08 am
@FOUND SOUL,
And due to stat limitations he was not charged. The report just showed the Court records ...........

In 2005, he was asked by the Judge " did you use drugs at all with younger women to have sex" his answer was "yes" with "one" ...........

Scumbag...
glitterbag

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2015 09:55 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Cosby was released on a one million dollar bail yesterday. This case makes me so sad. For many years Cosby was America's Dad, a warm and safe man who valued family values and eschewed excuses. It doesn't look good for him, and I'm more skeptical than I was last year. I don't know how anyone else looks at this but I see this as a great tragedy. A man who seemed so warm and comfortable and safe, might actually be a monster. If the charges are true, we were deceived and robbed of a role model; but if they are false, its even worse.
BillRM

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2015 10:11 pm
@glitterbag,
Hell I remember when he was doing the I spy show and he was the first black actor starring in a major TV show.

An it damn sad indeed that I can agree with you on.
BillRM

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2015 10:14 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
did you use drugs at all with younger women to have sex" his answer was "yes" with "one" ...........

What I do not understand is that he seems to had openly given them pills to take and they took them.

Strange indeed.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2015 11:30 pm
@BillRM,
Oh for Christ's sake, don't respond to my posts. You are not a kindred spirit. Strong message to follow.
BillRM

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2016 06:31 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Oh for Christ's sake, don't respond to my posts. You are not a kindred spirit. Strong message to follow.

Take a deep breathe as anyone posting on this system open themselves up for a reply by anyone else on this system and beside that you have taken it upon yourself many times to reply to my postings and in a far far more unfriendly manner for the most part then my recent reply to your posting concerning Cosby.

You do have the ignore function if you care to used it in any case.

PS Happy New Year
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2016 07:26 am
You know we all tend to get a feeling we know someone and their true nature by watching them in movies and tv shows over time.

There was a cable reality show by the name of Son of a Gun staring a gunsmith by the name of Will Hayden and his company Red Jacket Firearms.

You got the impression that he was a straight forward guy and a family man, but it turn out it would seems that he had been molesting his one daughter for some time starting when she was a 11 and he once it is claimed molested his growth daughter who was also on the reality show.

When he was first arrested I did not wish to believe the charges that are looking more and more to be true and now include another child.

To sum up no matter how must we might feel we know someone like Cosby due to his works, we do not have a clue concern the personal lives of these people.
0 Replies