Malpractice suit 3 years and counting!

speill

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 11:14 am
I have a malpractice case involving 3 doctors that has just reached the 3 year mark. Our deps are finished with the experts still pending. I was told by my attorney my case had a full value of 3 to 4 million but I could cut those numbers in half because my case is a 50/50 proposition-like every case.The other side is going to take the opposite position to our position. He said we could either win or lose, if we lose we get nothing. That each case is discounted by 50% unless the case is one of absolute liability.mine isn't. I'm confused by this. Is this a way of setting up for a settlement? where both sides concede the 50%? Any input would be a big help
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 485 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 12:50 pm
@speill,
Get a second legal opinion from an attorney with experience in the malpractice field. I don't know where you are (and so the rules of negligence in your area might dictate this), but 50-50 isn't "like every other case".
speill

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 01:04 pm
@jespah,
I'm in New Jersey
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 01:15 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Get a second legal opinion from an attorney with experience in the malpractice field.
0 Replies

personalinjury1

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2015 04:52 am
I have not much heard about this 50:50 proposition. however don't want to comment as state law varies greatly. Seek another opinion. Good luck....
0 Replies