What is Abstract Art?

Wed 24 Sep, 2014 03:29 am
Is there any identification to say it is abstract art?

emmymartin

Mon 27 Oct, 2014 06:31 am
I Agree with Identification word try google it & in images section will give you an exact answer
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sat 27 Dec, 2014 12:17 am
Huh?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sat 27 Dec, 2014 07:19 pm
@bijutoha,
Abstract art varies. Some famous paintings are obviously abstract, classics of the mode, but there is abstraction in a lot of art, not only in paintings.

It is worth reading about, online, library, individual books.

I'm sorry I posted the 'huh', not meant for you.
0 Replies

theashleys

Tue 27 Dec, 2016 10:08 pm
@bijutoha,
Abstract art was created at the cusp of the 20th century. It is an art style that breaks away from drawing art as it is represented in real life. Abstract art is about exploring form and color. One could even venture to say that it is artists drawing how they feel. Abstract art isn't about making perfect copies of real life. Sometimes, it isn't even about giving the impression of real life without all the little details. In fact, depending on the artists, abstract art became about the process itself. Representational would mean that you draw what you see. Abstract art is far from that concept.
0 Replies

ginagreen

Tue 25 Apr, 2017 02:06 am
@bijutoha,
Does not describe the art of the natural world, but through the shape and color to the subjective way to express.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Tue 25 Apr, 2017 11:04 am
Painting totally abstract art is very difficult, because the mind always looks for patterns or something recognizable. If you look up at the sky at night you see thousands or tens of thousands of stars, or if you live in the city maybe just hundreds, the mind insists on finding patterns called constellations.

Then how does the mind relate to something that is totally abstract? Music, if you ignore the lyrics, is totally abstract, even the most programmatic music.

The visual is dominant, especially in a patriarchal, male-dominated culture like ours, and somehow the visual is connected to the intellect, once again male dominated. Now, to reject or transend the intellect meets with fierce resistance both from the other and oneself. How does one deal with this? That's what happened around the war with the advent of the abstract expressionists. Even now days while visiting an abstract Art Museum, I've heard people say, "my child could do that."
And I think, yeah, but he didn't. Anybody can copy, but it takes a free, open, creative mind to be the first.
0 Replies

chirchri

Tue 25 Apr, 2017 09:11 pm
@bijutoha,
Abstract art is art that does not attempt to represent an accurate depiction of a visual reality but instead use shapes, colours, forms and gestural marks to achieve its effect
0 Replies

coluber2001

Tue 25 Apr, 2017 10:41 pm
Of course there different stages of abstract art. A lot of art has some abstraction . Pure abstract art has nothing recognizable. The proper way to view it is to not try to analyze or even think about it.

Abstract art is the expression of religion of our time. Abstract art is meditation. With pure religion there are no images formed. The religion and the world are one. With abstract art there are also no images formed. There it is direct to the emotions, the feelings.
0 Replies

janet11

Wed 3 May, 2017 09:28 pm
@bijutoha,
Of course,there is no abusoluteanswer. For me, Abstraction indicates a departure from reality in depiction of imagery in art. Abstract art is the art of story without theme without logic,, it is through the abstract colors, lines, colors, composition to express way and the narrative art of human nature.
0 Replies

lussomora

Sat 9 Sep, 2017 12:45 am
@bijutoha,
Abstract art can be a painting or sculpture (including assemblage) that does not depict a person, place or thing in the natural world. Note that works of art that represent the world in exaggerated or distorted ways (such as the Cubist paintings of Paul Paul Cézanne and Pablo Picasso) are not abstract, for they present a type of conceptual realism. With abstract art, the subject of the work is based on what you see: color, shapes, brushstrokes, size, scale and, in some cases, the process (see action painting).
0 Replies

Peterbor

Tue 12 Sep, 2017 09:31 pm
@bijutoha,
The art that is too comlex to understand.
In a word, complex but advanced.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Fri 15 Sep, 2017 11:45 am
Abstract art is what we have before the analysis of day destroys it with thought.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 11:26 am
A painting is not a picture of an experience, but is the experience.
Mark Rothko

http://paintingandframe.com/uploadpic/mark_rothko/big/no_8_1952.jpg
0 Replies

coluber2001

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 11:39 am
"For, while the authority of the doctor or plumber is never questioned, everyone deems himself a good judge and an adequate arbiter of what a work of art should be and how it should be done."
Mark Rothko, "The Artist's Reality: Philosophies of Art"
0 Replies

coluber2001

Wed 18 Oct, 2017 07:43 am
Art expresses and represents --but is not limited to--the religion of the times. Abstract art represents the religion of our time. Abstract art is meditation. There cannot be a single bit of representation in the painting, otherwise the mind attaches to that bit of representation and identifies with it. This can be difficult because the mind tries to make up patterns into something recognizable like constellations in the night sky. Meditation is non-attaching to thoughts. Abstract art and meditation are the feelings, emotions, and thoughts without attachment and identity.
0 Replies

puto

Wed 10 Nov, 2021 06:41 am
@bijutoha,
Abstract art is non-representational. It doesn't depict objects one sees in the real world.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 10 Nov, 2021 07:40 pm
@puto,
So then there was no nude descending the stairs 2?

Guernica is not representative? Not even in the title?
puto

Thu 11 Nov, 2021 04:22 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Yes, you're right. Perhaps I could say a shape in abstract art is a "pure shape" out of the artist's mind which does not relate (i.e., is not representational) of any object in the world outside ? That would mean most of Picasso's work would be "non-abstract" - whereas, say most of Mondrian's works, are abstract.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 11 Nov, 2021 09:02 am
@puto,
Saw a documentary on Picasso. When his portraits were shown with photos of the subject, there was no denying: those were portraits of identifiable people. There's all sorts of Abstract styles. No one definition works.
0 Replies