How much would it cost to install a new electrical outlet in the washroom?

Fri 12 Sep, 2014 07:52 am
A family member wants to install an advanced toilet seat cover which requires an electric outlet, but there is currently no outlet near the toilet. The closest outlet is on the other side of the wash room. I assume re-wiring and re-painting would be necessary.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 972 • Replies: 5
Topic Closed
No top replies

Lordyaswas

Fri 12 Sep, 2014 07:56 am
@marksfletchers,
£73.08, including VAT and regular biscuits and coffee.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Fri 12 Sep, 2014 11:08 am
@marksfletchers,
1 kajillion dollars!
http://i59.tinypic.com/t8oisj.jpg
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Sat 20 Sep, 2014 12:37 pm
@marksfletchers,
No matter the cost, the most important thing is to make it right. Install a GFI receptacle. Be sure that the amperage of the electric circuit complies with the required amperage of the new device, for example, having a 7 amps device to be installed, the electric circuit must be of 15 amps. You can check the amperage 0f the electric circuit just by looking at the fuse or circuit breaker than controls it.

If the device requires 15 amps, you must connected it to a 20 amps electric circuit.

Use the proper connectors from the box you will use to pull the electric, use the proper size of wiring, use the proper boxes.

About prices, your question is in the limbo, because you must give information about the country, and specific area, due to the charges change according to the geographical location.
0 Replies

engineer

Sat 20 Sep, 2014 01:49 pm
@marksfletchers,
Do you have any electrical supply near the toilet like a light fixture? The easiest thing to do would be to run a line from the light fixture to create an outlet near the toilet. The light fixture is almost certainly on the GFI circuit already.
carloslebaron

Sun 21 Sep, 2014 09:12 pm
@engineer,
I don't think is code approved to pull electric from a light circuit to feed a receptacle. I know that many people does it, but in case of causing a fire (bad installation) the insurance company won't pay a single dime.
0 Replies