How to fwd a posting

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 11:29 am
In a given thread suppose there's a single posting you'd like to forward to a friend who doesn't use a2k but you want to transmit it in its a2k format. In order to obtain a link would I press reply, quote, edit, delete, or report

(Preferably but not necessarily at the same time also making available the rest of the thread)

Thanks

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 04:33 pm
@dalehileman,
Each post has a post number assigned to it, located in the upper right corner of the post. Click on it then copy the URL from your browser to an email and send to recipient. Recipient clicks link and views post.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 10:44 am
@Butrflynet,
Thank you most kindly But but you'll have to explain "the URL from your browser"

I understand that a URL is an internet address

http://onelook.com/?w=URL&ls=a

..but not sure what's meant by "browser"

http://onelook.com/?w=browser&ls=a

Could you be referring to the URL in toolbar

Forgive me But for my ignorance in such matters. Nonetheless I shall experiment and thanks again for responding

Edited to remark that using my understanding of your instruction I've hopefully forwarded this posting to my No. 2 Son, who will probably respond some time today whereupon I shall report if successful. But in any case But, thank you still again
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 10:53 am
@dalehileman,
It is located in the same spot as the ones you copy and paste into your many revisited topics to link back to the original thread.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 11:02 am
@Butrflynet,
Thank you anew once more again By "It" I presume It's the URL you've referred to as "browser" but but still I'm not entirely sure. Evidently you mean the add. up there in the toolbar at the top of the page, eg,

http://able2know.org/reply/post-5746235

In any event I'll get back to you as soon as I hear from my progeny

OT but in my 18 years doing this sort of thing I'm continually amazed how easily misunderstandings develop. But But, still again once more afresh thanks for your response and your infinite patience in the face of an old man's vast ignorance and apparent incipient Alz's
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 12:30 pm
What a f*ckin' weenie.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 01:58 pm
@Butrflynet,
So far But I'm having the greatest luck with your method so probably no further assistance required for this weenie. I've tried it with a couple of correspondents and I'm confident they'll receive the posting, But, but not sure yet, once received, whether they're able to scroll
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 03:24 pm
@Butrflynet,
Well But I've heard from my progeny, who responds, "Yes it does allow scrolling above and below. If you ever want to test how an email acts you can always send it to yourself to see how it delivers," to which I replied,

"Thanks No. 2 for that report. Actually I had done as you suggest and although I was able to scroll, I wasn't sure that a non-member would be allowed to do so

Your weenie dad"
0 Replies