how do you react when you see mothers with tattoos?

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 07:45 pm
I have tattoos, piercings, my ears are stretched, neon hair that I poof big, and I wear what makes me comfortable. Yet when I take the kids to the zoo I get called trash, When I go grocery shopping people stare at me like I am infected with a disease, and I have been told "people like you don't deserve children" I am different but how does what I look like give anyone a reason to say such disrespectful, nasty things. What does everyone else think of "people like me" and do you say such things to them?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,617 • Replies: 7
No top replies

chai2

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 07:53 pm
@carmela88,
Where do you live that people walk up to you and say "You're trash" and "People like you don't deserve kids." with no other provocation that you're simply present?

You mean to say they walk up to you out of the clear blue sky, not every having seen you before, and say those exact words?

Quite honestly, I doubt that happens exactly as you say.

In any event, you chose to get your ink and piercing knowing that you were going to get at least looks from some people, so what do you expect?

Where I live, no one would even look at you twice.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 10:42 pm
There's a time for everything - and that includes HOW you present yourself (what you dress up like) and to whom (where you are going.)

Your outfit would look good in a nightclub or adult social setting - but not at the zoo with the kids. You could have worn a hat and made sure you were dressed for the day.

You came off as provocative and attention seeking. Then you wondered why.

Those comments were cruel, however.

0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2014 02:32 pm
@carmela88,
carmela88 wrote:

I am different but how does what I look like give anyone a reason to say such disrespectful, nasty things.

No one has that right to call you trash! You should be proud of how you look and ignore the nasty people who go around calling you those evil things.

In the USA, we promote the state of "diversity" in all of its different forms. As far as i'm concerned, the more the merrier.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2014 05:42 pm
Just another person at my store.
I don't particularly like tattoos, but I don't usually hate them. I see them as noise.
0 Replies

anely

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 09:18 am
Well, it is okay for me if my mom have a cute tattoo.. on hidden spot..
chai2

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 09:29 am
@anely,
Well, thank God it's ok for you.

We wouldn't want your mom do anything that she wants, even if you don't care for it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 09:40 am
One of my daughters has more than one tattoo. But she dresses to hide them when working. When she goes out, one or two may or may not show. Since she is happy, and is a good mother, I don't see that it matters if some people are offended.
0 Replies