Blood infection... Help

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 01:00 am
Allright so i was at my local surf life saving club, and i had to move a fridge out of a room. After moving it, I realised there was a lot of blood (the blood smelled bad and it had a brown darkish colour) on the floor ( supposedly some animal blood like cows, lamb or beef that we had ate) and in the fridge where it had been so i took the fridge out of the room and cleaned it. While doing all that, i was barefoot (no shoes, no socks, i was at the beach) and i had a few minors cut, like half a centimeter long on my feet, nothing serious at all and they wont bleeding, they just looked red. While taking the fridge out and cleaning it, my cuts didnt have actual contact with blood, but the blood was everywhere, and i use water to wash it off so it might have splashed on my foot and cuts so im really not sure if i had contact with it. That happened on saturday. On sunday, i was starting to get worried that i might have caught a blood disease (i have a minor case of OCD), and i started to do some research.While doing some research, i landed on bacterial infection and rabies and i started getting really worried. On sunday evening, my feet felt weird (maybe my imagination). Waking up monday (today), my feet felt weird again, and they were sore and it hurted a bit when i walked). Please reply to this as soon as possible as i am getting worried! thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 951 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Krumple

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 01:16 am
@victorhondermarck,
victorhondermarck wrote:

Allright so i was at my local surf life saving club, and i had to move a fridge out of a room. After moving it, I realised there was a lot of blood (the blood smelled bad and it had a brown darkish colour) on the floor ( supposedly some animal blood like cows, lamb or beef that we had ate) and in the fridge where it had been so i took the fridge out of the room and cleaned it. While doing all that, i was barefoot (no shoes, no socks, i was at the beach) and i had a few minors cut, like half a centimeter long on my feet, nothing serious at all and they wont bleeding, they just looked red. While taking the fridge out and cleaning it, my cuts didnt have actual contact with blood, but the blood was everywhere, and i use water to wash it off so it might have splashed on my foot and cuts so im really not sure if i had contact with it. That happened on saturday. On sunday, i was starting to get worried that i might have caught a blood disease (i have a minor case of OCD), and i started to do some research.While doing some research, i landed on bacterial infection and rabies and i started getting really worried. On sunday evening, my feet felt weird (maybe my imagination). Waking up monday (today), my feet felt weird again, and they were sore and it hurted a bit when i walked). Please reply to this as soon as possible as i am getting worried! thanks.

You left out one condition that you have, hypochondriac.

Even the way you explain your "exposure" and checking on webMD. How would rabies get you worried? This is what you do. Stay off trying to self diagnose yourself. This will keep your panic level down. Wash your feet again just to clear up your mind. Wait a few more days. If you start getting a fever or you feel flu like symptoms, you should seek medical attention. Until then, you are fine.

You know when you are in med school learning about pathologies, every student thinks they have the ones they are studying.
roger

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 01:25 am
@Krumple,
This is the posters first post, so you have no basis for a diagnosis of hypochondria.

This

Quote:
Wash your feet again just to clear up your mind. Wait a few more days. If you start getting a fever or you feel flu like symptoms, you should seek medical attention. Until then, you are fine.

is entirely inappropriate.
0 Replies