How did the Earth evolve???

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 03:58 pm
Describe how life on earth is thought to have evolved. Specifically describe microspheres and coacervates, and explain how they form. Describe the possible roles of these structures in the evolution of life and why the separation of internal and external provided by these structures or ones like them important. Describe the evidence that RNA can have combined replicated and catalytic activity. Explain how this makes it likely that RNA was a major factor in the evolution of life on Earth. Describe the sequence of steps in the evolution of metabolism. Describe the sequence of events thought to have led to the evolution of eukaryotic cells. What is the evidence that the sales evolved from symbiotic relationships among prokaryotic cells?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 6,351 • Replies: 43

Pearlylustre

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 04:37 pm
@lamontmont1,
My daughter has been studying evolution in biology this year. I can't tell you how disappointed and pissed off I'd be if she posted her assignments on an internet message board like this. Discover the satisfaction of getting good grades by doing the work yourself... it may actually lead you somewhere in life.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 05:31 pm
Just tell teech that NOBODY fully knows about life and evolution, otherwise scientists would have created an amoeba of their own long before now.
Also ask teech why it's only called The THEORY of Evolution and not the FACT of Evolution?
After all, a theory is just a bunch of guesses and hunches..Smile
Pearlylustre

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 05:51 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Oops your ignorance is showing....you really should be more careful and try to cover it up in public. It's kind of embarrassing.
lamontmont1

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 07:05 pm
@Pearlylustre,
With all due respect, I'm never going to look into this evolution bs at all after I graduate. There is no use and I don't think my parents would care if I do or do not. This is not one of my prerequisites, therefore I'm just trying to get by. Thank you for nothing, but thank you. Goodbye.
rosborne979

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 07:13 pm
@lamontmont1,
What grade level was this assignment given in? Is this high school or college?
neologist

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 07:14 pm
@Pearlylustre,
Pearlylustre, directed at Romeo wrote:
Oops your ignorance is showing....you really should be more careful and try to cover it up in public. It's kind of embarrassing.
Romeo is ignorant of many things, but spot on in understanding the epistemilogical shortcomings of the evolution hypothesis which gains its popularity solely on the desire of "intellectuals" for moral license.
lamontmont1

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 07:17 pm
@rosborne979,
In a college undergraduate studies...in which somethings that we discuss just don't seem right at all
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 07:24 pm
@lamontmont1,
lamontmont1 wrote:

Thank you for nothing, but thank you. Goodbye.

Dang. And I thought you were leaving.
rosborne979

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 07:25 pm
@lamontmont1,
lamontmont1 wrote:
In a college undergraduate studies...in which somethings that we discuss just don't seem right at all

Ok. I figured it was either a very good High School program, or a College of some type.

What are they discussing that doesn't seem right? If you give some examples I can do a quick veracity check.
0 Replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 07:25 pm
@neologist,
I nearly thought you were serious there for a moment.
neologist

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 07:26 pm
@lamontmont1,
What is it that does not seem right?
0 Replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 07:29 pm
@lamontmont1,
It has nothing to do with whether you need to know about evolution (BS or otherwise) or not. I'm sorry that you've reached college level and no one has taught you that basic point about your education, and sorry that your parents missed their opportunity to teach you about integrity. Goodbye.
neologist

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 07:30 pm
@Pearlylustre,
I have a sardonic wit not to be confused with my love of sardines, rye bread, cheese, and beer.
But when it comes to evolution, I am resolutely unconvinced
0 Replies

lamontmont1

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 07:40 pm
@Pearlylustre,
I've learned more than I need. You don't know my background obviously, but that's okay. I understand and I'm sorry that I caught myself off guard and saw myself becoming unprofessional. The military has taught me all 7 leadership values which includes integrity. That's why I've excelled there as well. But thank you for your "effort". Goodbye for good this time.
lamontmont1

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 07:42 pm
@tsarstepan,
I thought I did, but it's obviously my post. Salute
0 Replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 07:58 pm
@lamontmont1,
Pointing out that you're not just a young person straight out of school actually makes it look worse that you can't do your own homework. Sssshhhh.
lamontmont1

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 08:01 pm
@Pearlylustre,
I hope that's you last post. Post school and age doesn't correlate. I'm a witness of it.
Pearlylustre

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 08:07 pm
@lamontmont1,
Quote:
I hope that's you last post.

I have to go back to work now but I've enjoyed this chat. I'm sorry you haven't.
Quote:
Post school and age doesn't correlate. I'm a witness of it.

That wasn't my point.
Good luck with your assignment.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2013 12:15 am
@neologist,
Quote:
spot on in understanding the epistemilogical shortcomings of the evolution hypothesis which gains its popularity solely on the desire of "intellectuals" for moral license.

Its also used by lab rats in the desire to provide you with the proper formulation of flu shot effective against this years strain.