The Mantra of Anti Realism 101 learn the tricks n fight back !

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 03:53 pm
1 - Every time you indulge in a philosophical discussion both agree and disagree with the OP. Any answer you give will be correct once no universal truth value can be asserted. So cover all angles.
2 - Feel free to both use logical and illogical arguments as you see fit and at your own discretion, preferably demand logical explanations while posting illogical claims.
3 - Recur as much as you can to a special status of enlightenment so you don't have to justify any of your claims.
4 - Use meditation and other opaque rituals as means of proving your special status.
5 - Be friendly to everybody when they post, use "friendliness" as a weapon to repeat ad nausea the very same argument until the adversary drops dead or caves in.
6 - Be extremely sensible and don't hesitate to make a tantrum specially when someone recurs to logic to counter your arguments.
7 - Be sure to outgrow your enemy with enthusiasts and supporters of any of your claims. Show up in groups and make a tour de force. Masses are on your side.
8 - Use posh foreign coinage preferably French terms to adorn your train of thought in the absence of good ideas.
9 - Show empathy with your adversary point of view and be compassionate, in the absence of logical claims it might help you give the impression you actually have a point.
10 - Finally be magnanimous, democratically mishmash bites n pieces of everyone's opinions to synthesize with your own point of view, justify with social agreement, perspectivism and relativity. (Use Einstein as means of proof)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,584 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 04:35 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
You sound butt hurt at the prospect of someone challenging your preconceptions.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 05:21 pm
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:

You sound butt hurt at the prospect of someone challenging your preconceptions.

Yes on one side I agree with you, on another I may partially disagree, let me clarify on the basis that nothing is entirely anything while everything is partly something else:
I as any other human being have preconceptions, and its only natural that time to time I resent the critique when challenged. Equally and in addition to your wise observation I can argue that I honestly make an effort to listen to everyone's opinions and the soundness of their propositions. Often I play devil's advocate in my own mind. Nevertheless I think we both would agree the true (ops) challenge is to meditate deeply with an empty mind set upon our personnel limitations and let the light shine in.
In the end of the day what are "preconceptions", one can wonder ? What is the purpose of challenges ? Why are we here ? Does any of this is real ? Only the presumptuous short sighted people believe to have an answer to those questions...
Ultimately words can have several meanings and multiple interpretations which need not be tagged right or wrong, it all very much depends on the context we put them, and truth is in the eye of the beholder. An intelligent person ought to take wisdom from every other human being, trade opinions, listen to everybody as to make any valid progression in life. It really saddens me deeply some people don't make enough effort to understand others points of view, the lack of empathy and emotional intelligence is heartbreaking and a sure sign of a civilisational regression. Comme disent les francais, n'importe quoi, au fur et à mesure tout sera oublié...
Cyracuz I am glad you choose to ad your wisdom to my own and participate in this never ending human dialogue by exchanging opinions and perceptions about human nature. I can only hope other people like you rise to the occasion. A bientot mon cher amie !
dalehileman

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 05:29 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I don't know Fil if I quite agree although astounded by the veracity of your reasoning, however illogical, so find disagreement very difficult. The masses will concur, except where they're mistaken, certainly a magnanimous observation under the circumstances
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 05:34 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

I don't know Fil if I quite agree although astounded by the veracity of your reasoning, however illogical, so find disagreement very difficult

Pssst, (whispers) never mind me using your sentence there as it sounded well in the context to use it, don't go on thinking I am mocking you, it just fitted damn it...Now seriously I am glad you agree with it the idea was to make it agreeable friendly !
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 05:50 pm
Another debate-winning tactic is to demolish opponents by poking fun at them..Smile
For example I deck mormons by posting this pic of Mormon "priests" in their "sacred robes" and saying they look more like pastry cooks, and speculating that their "secret hand signals" mean something like- " Ineligible receiver is past the line of scrimmage prior to a forward pass. Ineligible receivers must wait until the pass is thrown beyond the line of scrimmage (or touched) before moving past the line of scrimmage"

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub3/mormons.jpg
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 05:56 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Ain't that the truth... Wink

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-b98cJ_5coWo/T3LdWk_FbQI/AAAAAAAAFdE/kkRdkKpd2dE/s640/b953c4b911eabe0472c1bf1b794e21.jpg
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaNaB8QwgsQQrBxJyV_1dQBDZAlFY2MbHWynP3-O-I5cKZdDU1
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 06:17 pm
Buddhists are easy meat to slap around..Smile
For example Buddha said- "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense"

Well, my own reason and commonsense tells me that Buddhism is ****, so because Buddha himself says I can flush it, I'm glad to..Wink
And look at this contender for "the face you'd most like to slap"-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/The_Art_of_Happiness.jpg
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 06:50 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Shocked

Neutral

Laughing

Good one Wink
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2013 11:04 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
don't go on thinking I am mocking you,
Not at all Fil

Quote:
….it just fitted damn it...
I'm flattered Fil by your support darnation

In some 17 years' doing this sort of thing you're only the second to agree with my tortured denial of dualism
0 Replies