How can you save a desktop picture when you only have ...

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 12:21 pm
How can you save an image file (desktop wallpaper) when the only copy you have is being currently held by Windows desktop background when it isn't explicitly in My Documents or My Pictures folder?

I want to switch my wallpaper (work computer) for another one but my current desktop image ~ where I forgot to save the actual file into My Picture folder when I uploaded it (what I usually do) via the right click browser option of Set as Desktop Background.

I want to keep that image and return to it later for my wallpaper. I can't remember (or am too lazy to look for it here) where on the Beautiful Animals thread I recently got it.

Is my current wallpaper file buried in some kind of temp folder that's accessible? And no, I'm not going to screen capture my desktop and try to digitally remove the couple of icons I have on it right now. For one thing, I don't have admin privileges to access/download a screen capture program here.

I think Osso or Roberta uploaded it to the Beautiful Animals thread: an image of a coyote on a roof (urban wildlife discussion).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 4,546 • Replies: 3
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by tsarstepan
Region Philbis
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 12:30 pm
@tsarstepan,

you don't need any software to do a screen-shot, other than Paint...

• CTRL-Print Scrn
• paste to Paint
• saveas image

now you'll need a program to crop the image.
i use MS Office Picture Manager...
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 12:38 pm
@Region Philbis,
Thanks RP. I guess I have to live with the screen captured icons and when I return the saved image back to the wallpaper, I can cover the imaged icons with the actual icons.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 12:38 pm
@tsarstepan,
I remember that - I think Roberta posted it and I said I liked it.. all not very long ago. I think I went on about wildlife having been in some of our cities for a long time.
0 Replies