Question about new landlord

Fri 21 Sep, 2012 05:14 pm
So, I just wanted to know if my landlord did something wrong before I think about bringing it up. I am moving into a new place in a few weeks. I have 2 roommates, my friend and her boyfriend. We filled out an application and got approved. I was at work so they went to give him the security deposit. While there, he told them he had concerns about my credit report and just wanted to make sure it wasn't an issue. I know my credit report is currently messed up but I am currently disputing a few things on there and have paid everything on time the last few years. My issue is that without talking to me he gave my roommates specific information about some of my debts and my overall credit score. I feel like that is a huge invasion of my privacy. Even though I've been living with my one friend for four years and never had a problem paying rent it is becoming a source of arguments between the three of us. I'm angry but I just wanted to know if he actually did anything wrong. Thanks for any advice you can give.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,224 • Replies: 2
Topic Closed
No top replies

PUNKEY

Fri 21 Sep, 2012 07:17 pm
You say "we" filled out the application. If that makes you co-renters, he saw risk on your end and shared it with the other co-renter.

While probably not illegal, it was unethical, in my mind.

Put the past behind you and be sure you keep your end of the terms of your contract.

shielah

Fri 29 May, 2015 07:07 am
@PUNKEY,
There is nothing wrong because you are paying on it now.. and to think you are paying the rent on time. What your landlord did is not good.
0 Replies