Where have all the children gone today?

chai2

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 05:05 pm
I've been pretty busy all day, in and out, out and about. I've been to a lot of public places.

I don't think I've seen more than a child or 2 all day long.

I went to the pool at 10. Usually by the time I'm leaving at 11:30, there's at least 1/2 dozen little kids in the pool, and some tweens.
Thinking back, there was not one kid there, and suprisingly few people all together, considering it's a nice sunny day.

I've been to Walgreens, Bed Bath and Beyond, the grocery store, car wash and library. Thinking on it, I can honestly say the only place I saw children....well, I can't say I remember seeing any.

None caught my eye while standing in lines, none were heard trying to persuade an adult to buy something, or generally standing where you need to go.

Wait, at the grocery store, I remember a man coming around the corner with one of those souped up baby carts that look nicer than my car. There was a small person in it.

You know what?
It's been a very peaceful, productive nice day.

But where the hell are the children? Was there a rapture or something I wasn't notified of?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,572 • Replies: 9
No top replies

thack45

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 05:16 pm
lucky you.
chai2

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 05:34 pm
@thack45,
Believing me thack, I'm basking in it.

I never realized how they are just freaking There....ALL the time.

Thing is, it's not just not having that going on, but I realize how amazing it was to deal with adults all day simply as adults.

You know how different they would have been if children were with them.

If they were, all of a sudden they aren't just people, but protectors of some rare resource.

Rolling Eyes
eurocelticyankee

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 05:46 pm
@chai2,
Has this man been spotted in the neighbourhood?....in the neighbourhood.

http://stinglikeabeevan.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/chittychitty.jpg
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 11:16 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Thing is, it's not just not having that going on, but I realize how amazing it was to deal with adults all day simply as adults.

If they were, all of a sudden they aren't just people, but protectors of some rare resource.

Rolling Eyes

I've occasionally mentioned here that I work at grocery store. Certainly not proud of it, but the fact is I think this has afforded me insight into certain sections of human behavior that others cannot possibly see.

So I have many, many; and many more thoughts on this exact area of discussion - but I must tread lightly as I have no children myself, and I happen to have some rather serious misanthropic tendencies.
roger

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 11:18 pm
@thack45,
I believe you. I once had to work in a motel - with lounge attached. I learned a lot on that job.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 11:03 am
@thack45,
thack45 wrote:

chai2 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I've occasionally mentioned here that I work at grocery store. Certainly not proud of it, but the fact is I think this has afforded me insight into certain sections of human behavior that others cannot possibly see.

So I have many, many; and many more thoughts on this exact area of discussion - but I must tread lightly as I have no children myself, and I happen to have some rather serious misanthropic tendencies.

Oh thack, please please please tell some stories! I'll go get my pj's on and my blanky to cuddle with.

Seriously, I think the grocery store business is very interesting. Everyone goes there, and no one (or few) gives it much thought. I sure do.

I would truly love to hear from the other side, from the invisible person who sees it all.

I love being the invisible one, you see and learn so much.

Be misanthropic! This is my thread and anyone who comes on and pulls that "you don't understand" crap will be promptly bludgeoned with a cudgel.

You too roger, I'd love to hear from you too.
wandeljw

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 11:08 am
@chai2,
It's not that "you don't understand." It seems that sometimes you are dwelling inside a Steven King novel, Chai.
chai2

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 11:13 am
@wandeljw,
If you're going to drop a comment like that without an explanation....buzz off.

Plus, I never said I didn't "understand", it's the people who will say that.

Actually, I take that as a compliment that I live in a King novel. His is a world of interconnectiveness in the universe, ordinary people doing extraordinary things, and seeing beyond what is sitting in front of your face.....so Thanks!
wandeljw

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 11:18 am
@chai2,
I thought that would appeal to you.
0 Replies