Finn is leaving a2k, let's all wish him well...

Germlat

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 02:16 pm
@Rockhead,
Yes sir!!! I'm begging for sheer mercy at the moment. I like hot weather only when in water...preferably the Caribbean..,also my auto correct is acting up. I smell conspiracy. My secretary is gone...shame to follow. Damn...I like the Finn.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 02:49 pm
@Germlat,
Old thread, ma'am.
Germlat

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 04:36 pm
@ossobuco,
Well...the horrendous heat applies here. I'm bad about noticing posting dates. I did notice he's still posting.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 06:56 pm
@Germlat,
This happens all the time, tossing old stuff in to the present mix of fooforall.
Your heat is horrendous, but it's been over a hundred here, and I'm less the heat survivor than I used to be. I need to get up at 6 am to weed, and I don't.

I remember a work colleague/pal and I surveyed (in our landscape architects way, read that land, re grades) a place in, what was it, Echo Park? Interesting woman, interesting house, many basengis. It was 105...

We did it and got away, even from the basengis (ies?)
We went to a french restaurant in the valley and had a restorative lunch.

Old threads are fun to re-spark.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 07:10 pm
@ossobuco,
I've real problems with centigrade and fahrenheit, like most Brits we were fine using centigrade for winter and Fahrenheit for Summer, but now it's centigrade all year round. The other day it was 29 degrees C, which is 84.2F, and that was totally mental. I live in a cool house, but no air conditioning.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 07:29 pm
@izzythepush,
I never had air conditioning ever in a house until I got to sandland in late 2005, born in '41.
I remember a temperature in Mildred's apartment in our place in new york (1950), the key numbers on the tv being 100% humidity, temp as I remember 100, don't remember if there was big weather after. Well, a slice of life if not accurate. She was the woman who fed pigeons from her kitchen.. Mildred Travis. She let me play with her shoes..

Our air conditioning around here is from swamp coolers, new to me. Someone else will explain them.

So, this is my first "air conditioning". Better than nothing re me now, here. Back in Venice, we took off the screens (ugly and silly) and left windows open. It could get hot there, but never hellish. Here, one keeps two windows open an inch, in front of a screen. Living in a near balloon.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 07:32 pm
@ossobuco,
My house is cooler during the day, but warmer at night, so it's then I really notice the heat.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 07:40 pm
@izzythepush,
Well, England and New Mexico are very different, a matter I newly appreciate, though I sort of got in when I moved here, so can't claim ignorance. I just didn't fully apprehend.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 07:43 pm
@ossobuco,
This is England, it's not supposed to be hot or cold just mild, and we whinge like **** when it's not. (Which is most of the time.)
ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 07:49 pm
@izzythepush,
I do worry about the floods there, somewhat pay attention.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 08:00 pm
@ossobuco,
That was last year.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 08:01 pm
@izzythepush,
ok, then.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 08:07 pm
@ossobuco,
We're never happy, whatever the weather is, it's wrong.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 08:29 pm
@izzythepush,
Well, that's appropriate..

back when I lived in what I called north north, people would leap into shorts at, say, 60 degrees. Apparent favorite vacation place (though I sort of doubt that) was Hawaii.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 08:43 pm
@ossobuco,
Palms grow outddors in UK but you cant grow em outside in NM
izzythepush

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 08:46 pm
@farmerman,
In the South, I've seen them growing in Bournemouth. Up North it's a different story.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 08:56 pm
@farmerman,
Not to worry, I have no interest in doing so. Do you somehow think I don't know palms? You take me as a palm putzessa?

I don't know them completely but I once knew many of them quite well. What is this palm lecture?

Ah, you're kidding.
0 Replies