Name something you don't like about yourself & why

xxxx

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 07:43 pm
Many people have different insecurities and some that they really don't like about themselves. Since, I'm a curious person I was wondering what they were. Mine is my teeth, they're a light yellow color, but it's not from bad hygiene it's kinda naturally that color. Also my height. -____- I"m so short. I'm 14 but I'm only 4ft.11
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 2,959 • Replies: 10

MMarciano

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 07:47 pm
@xxxx,
I can't think of anything I don't like about myself.
Why do you have yellow teeth when you're only 14?
xxxx

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 08:10 pm
@MMarciano,
it's not like bad bad yellow it's a light shade of yellow but when I was young i took a alot of antibiotics which contributed to it. Also it's been this way for as long as I can remember. But it's not like I don't floss or brush my teeth.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 09:09 pm
@xxxx,
I have all sorts of crabbiness about myself. I finally lost weight, slowly, the right way, and now I've got wrinkles that are pretty startling. So it goes. I'll always have Vonnegut.

Why? change of image. Much happens over a bunch of years. I hope that by the time you are my age you have more sense of yourself than as a girl with yellow teeth.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 09:58 pm
@xxxx,
No thanks. I won't respond to this. However, if you'd like to start a thread called "Name something you DO like about yourself & why," I'll be happy to participate.

I can't think of any good reason to dwell on negative thoughts about myself. Why would you want to do that? Do you think that somehow, by hearing similar negative thoughts from others, that you will feel better about yourself? (It doesn't work that way.)

Everybody has some things they don't like about themselves, whether real or imagined. Especially when we're teenagers. In my experience, it's best to counter those thoughts with positive ones that will build a good self-image.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 10:04 pm
@xxxx,
xxxx wrote:

it's not like bad bad yellow it's a light shade of yellow but when I was young i took a alot of antibiotics which contributed to it. Also it's been this way for as long as I can remember. But it's not like I don't floss or brush my teeth.

Easily fixed! Lots of people use "whitestrips" (from the drugstore) or have them bleached at the dentist's office, if it really bothers them.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 10:26 pm
@xxxx,
I don't like my white legs. It did cause insecurity for me when I was a teenager, but I don't care that much anymore.

But when I say, 'white legs' - I mean that my legs are whiter than the rest of my body - but that's my own fault. I'm a fair-skinned person all over, but I spend alot of time outside, so my face and arms are browner than my legs, which because I don't like how white they are - are white because I seldom wear shorts, especially now that I live over here in England where it's never really THAT hot and it rains alot.

I know I could use fake tan - but yeah - it doesn't bother me THAT much.
But I do remember when I was in fourth grade and Harriet the Spy was the book that all the girls were reading, someone wrote in their 'observation notebook' - 'Rebecca H.'s legs are so white you can see the blue veins behind her knees...' (we had to wear dresses to school back then) and Mr. Temperini - our math teacher - had taken the book from the girl to 'punish' her because she was writing it in class and he read it out loud.
Unfortunately - that didn't result in him punishing HER as much as it resulted in punishing ME , and all I was doing was sitting there doing my math with white legs...

Yeah - so try not to worry about your teeth too much. Things change - and even if they don't - as you get older your focus and viewpoint will change.

Yeah - my legs are white - but they're in good shape from all the walking I do - at least I can say that - and that's good enough for me.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 10:40 pm
If all goes well part of growing up is making peace with yourself.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 06:57 am
@xxxx,
I don't like my nose.

But I wouldn't change it. It is part of who I am even though I don't like it.

I love my eyes though - and get regular compliments on them. So I figure my eyes as so wonderful, they hide the fact that I don't have a cute little nose.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 07:38 am
@Linkat,
I love my six pack.

I hate the layer of fat that covers it up.
MMarciano

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2012 08:15 am
@DrewDad,
Laughing
0 Replies