My three parents

spendius

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2012 05:31 am
@aspvenom,
Huxley's Hatchery and Conditioning Centre was a literary conceit to avoid him getting into trouble. Possibly a formalised version of what he thought was actually taking place informally around him.

Silver-spoonitis for my money.
aspvenom

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2012 11:53 am
@spendius,
Cool, I just see it as a warning, for what could happen but that which should not be allowed to happen in the future; and you know always question, decide, and debate the messages that you are fed.
You know common sense, and yaddi yadi dadda stuff.
spendius

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2012 01:27 pm
@aspvenom,
The book was a missed opportunity and not very well thought out. But having no parents is quite a good idea. It prevents temptations to trace any genealogical series such as those in the Bible and some Roman Emperor's claims to divinity.

If being a product of an industrial process is the price for a different floozie every night it seems a decent enough deal to me.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2012 01:48 pm
@spendius,
having no parents is not a good idea, spendi...

it kinda sucks.

please explain further how it is a good thing...
spendius

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2012 03:16 pm
@Rockhead,
I inserted "quite" to suggest a certain equivocation. The extension of formal education down to 3 year olds is moving in that direction. Children's programmes also. Mothers working.

I think some Marxists are in favour. I think many anti-religious pressure groups such as the NCSE and its tentacles are being publicly coy on the issue.

It would solve the nepotism problem which is very significant.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2012 03:39 pm
@spendius,
so you said it, but you mostly sort of didn't really mean it.

and you wonder why you have trouble being taken seriously...
0 Replies