Do you think Zimmerman will be convicted of murder?

BillRM

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2013 09:59 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
And even with a manslaughter charge, I'd want to see a good explanation from the prosecution as to how the shooting took place in nearly the exact location where he was advised that they didn't need him to pursue, three minutes earlier.

I still do not understand how following someone on the public streets give the person being follow a license to attacked the follower or take away the follower right to defend himself from such an attack.
oralloy

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2013 10:04 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
hawkeye10 wrote:
Given the defense and judge misconduct that zimmerman has suffered he should get a pass for that misdeed.

Zimmerman should get a pass for his misdeeds because he (the defense) made misdeeds? How does that work hawkeye?

He probably meant Zimmerman's lawyer, not Zimmerman himself. And he also included the judge.

I'm not following this case super closely, so am not sure what defense misdeeds he is referring to. I do know the judge was booted from the case for his questionable decisions.

I personally think the requirement that Zimmerman stay in one specific county is unreasonable. They are deliberately placing him at risk to vigilante attacks and forcing him to pay for costly security measures. The tracking device seems reasonable to me though.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2013 10:16 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
oralloy wrote:
And even with a manslaughter charge, I'd want to see a good explanation from the prosecution as to how the shooting took place in nearly the exact location where he was advised that they didn't need him to pursue, three minutes earlier.

I still do not understand how following someone on the public streets give the person being follow a license to attacked the follower or take away the follower right to defend himself from such an attack.

If Zimmerman had kept following Trayvon, we would have no evidence indicating which one of them initiated the assault.

However, with Zimmerman ending his pursuit three minutes earlier, that makes it look much more likely that Trayvon initiated the assault, since as far as I can see, the only way it could have happened is with Trayvon doubling back to confront Zimmerman.

However, maybe the prosecution can make a case that there is another reason the confrontation happened at that location. I'm willing to hear what they have to say.

But if they have no explanation for it (or their explanation is clearly bogus), that is going to be a pretty serious flaw in their case.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2013 10:32 pm
Zimmerman did not attack Trayvon on the public street. Trayvon ran away, and Zimmerman followed him and accosted him in people's backyards, in the inside middle of the block, on private property, away from public streets. There was a sidewalk running down the middle of the block, between people's backyards, and apparently Trayvon was heading toward the unit he was staying in when Zimmerman stopped him, according to his girlfriend's account of the cellphone conversation they were having as it happened. I mean, who attacks someone else while he's having a phone conversation with the girl who told him to avoid confrontation, which he did? I find her account much more plauzible than Zimmerman's.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2013 11:47 pm
@MontereyJack,
Save your breath. These guys are impervious to facts.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 01:47 am
Yeah, I know. I haven't been on this thread for three or four months, and they're still rehashing the same anti-evidence-based canards
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 11:28 am
@DrewDad,
Not only that...but if the races of the individuals were reversed...they'd be just as impervious to facts in the other direction...probably demanding justice from the state.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 04:19 pm
I've been away from this thread. I just read that the court date for trial in JUNE 10th.....
Is this group going to chew on the bones of this affair until then?

What new information will be revealed between now and then?

Your predictions, Please.

Joe(Zimmerman changes his plea to guilty on the advice of his atty.)Nation
DrewDad

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 05:53 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:
Zimmerman changes his plea to guilty on the advice of his atty.

Yup... right around the time donations stop flowing in for his defense fund.....
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 15 Jun, 2013 09:10 pm
Looking forward to facts. Can't believe how long we've had to wait.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 15 Jun, 2013 09:28 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Zimmerman did not attack Trayvon on the public street.

Where is your evidence that Zimmerman attacked him at all (regardless of location)?

MontereyJack wrote:
Trayvon ran away, and Zimmerman followed him and accosted him

Where is your evidence that Zimmerman accosted him?

Do you have evidence of Zimmerman following Trayvon after the 911 dispatcher advised against it?

MontereyJack wrote:
in people's backyards, in the inside middle of the block, on private property, away from public streets.

More specifically, in the very area where, three minutes earlier, the 911 dispatcher had advised Zimmerman that they did not need him to follow Trayvon.

How does your scenario account for Zimmerman staying in the same spot for the three minutes before the confrontation?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 15 Jun, 2013 09:29 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:
Save your breath. These guys are impervious to facts.

Pretty bold accusation from someone who does nothing but avoid facts.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 15 Jun, 2013 09:30 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Yeah, I know. I haven't been on this thread for three or four months, and they're still rehashing the same anti-evidence-based canards

Where is your evidence for this alleged "pursuit after the 911 call" and "confrontation initiated by Zimmerman"?
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 15 Jun, 2013 09:59 pm
@oralloy,
there is precious little evidence about what happened when zimmerman met martin...and if the state is not hiding a heap of it zimmerman should have never seen the inside of a courtroom.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 03:56 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
there is precious little evidence about what happened when zimmerman met martin...and if the state is not hiding a heap of it zimmerman should have never seen the inside of a courtroom.
I hope he 'll make tons of cash
in his false arrest litigation.
farmerman

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 05:50 am
@OmSigDAVID,
youre passing judgements on total lack of knowledge and evidence. Ever ince this entire situation ha bee politicized by the Liberterian Zany Media, you've had a place to set your hat.

You've been manipulated and don't even know it.
I think Ill wait for the actual court reports to even begin the decision process.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 05:52 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:

there is precious little evidence about what happened when Zimmerman met martin
Now you're parroting FOX news. You have NO IDEA what they have or don't have, including what goes to motive and history of Martin or Zimmerman.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 11:12 am
@farmerman,
if there was a witness, video or audio recording I think
we would have heard about it, and it is very unlikely for there to be any conclusive scene analysis. it is not impossible for the state to have evidence to support their theory of what happened but it is not likely.
parados

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 11:40 am
@hawkeye10,
Why do you think you would have heard about it? The prosecution hasn't been the one releasing evidence and if they did so they would lambasted for doing so. The defense has a vested interest in only releasing info that helps the defense. Basically you have seen the defense evidence. We won't see the prosecution case until the trial.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 11:54 am
@parados,
Quote:
Why do you think you would have heard about it?

1) the modern American state rarely misses an opportunity to slime defendants in the press before trial

2) a lot of journalist man hours have been invested in looking into this, and while the 4th estate ain't what it used to be, I have faith that they would have uncovered the truth of what happened when Martin met Zimmerman if it was knowable.
0 Replies