What it feels like at the last moments, before you die?

tomr

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 04:24 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I do know, personally, of two cases where a dying person reported that he or she was not in pain, only moments before life left. That’s enough to convince me.

I do not want to offend you or try to convince you that the people you know who passed away must have suffered horribly. I know I would not want someone to remind me of the suffering that the people I know experienced before they died. So if you can honestly say that you believe they had no reason to mislead you to ease your mind or were under the influence of painkillers, then I accept your experiences as exceptions.

Now there are obvious exceptions to "death is painful". The best example would be instantaneous death. Where the brain is somehow destroyed instantly. Then there is no brain to generate pain sensations. Do not ask me how that might happen. Another example might be a loss of consciousness without any return to awareness. Without consciousness there can be no experience of pain. However loss of consciousness is usually either painful to begin with or a mechanism to stop movement or an action like a concussion that lets the brain have a chance to settle. There is no telling if during a loss of consciousness some part of conscious activity may return if the situation becomes life threatening.
JLNobody

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 04:52 pm
Even if we all suffer terribly as we die, soon as we are dead we have no recollection of the suffering; there isn't even anyone to recollect anything. Only the living suffer.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 05:59 pm
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:
Even if we all suffer terribly as we die,
soon as we are dead we have no recollection of the suffering;
there isn't even anyone to recollect anything. Only the living suffer.
It is true that some people
whose human bodies have died from painful causes (e.g., burning)
have complained of pain, but contrary to your assertion, thay have clearly
remembered the experience,
referring to those who have returned from death.

What is the source of your data, JLN????

David
0 Replies

tomr

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 06:18 pm
@JLNobody,
Quote:
Even if we all suffer terribly as we die, soon as we are dead we have no recollection of the suffering; there isn't even anyone to recollect anything. Only the living suffer.

If nobody is around to experience suffering, nobody is around to experience time. There really would be no break from any suffering, unless we came back to life. Not that this is really what you are talking about. Just a thought I'm throwing out there.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 06:22 pm
@tomr,
Life continues no matter what.

Its only MOLTING.

David
0 Replies

tenderfoot

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 06:38 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
O Dave.
I also died twice in hospital, in both instances I just felt dizzy.. just before loosing conscience. No big deal.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 06:44 pm
@tenderfoot,
tenderfoot wrote:
O Dave.
I also died twice in hospital, in both instances I just felt dizzy.. just before loosing conscience. No big deal.
For me personally, I only remember awakening in the intensive care unit.
My surgeon indicated that I 'd died twice during surgery;
however I do remember some out-of-body experiences
that I 've had elsewhere. I like them; thay were too short.

I 've met quite a few people who have died and remember it
(contrary to what Mr. Nobody woud have u believe). www.IANDS.org
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 09:02 pm
@tomr,
It seems to me--and of course I cannot know; it's just supposition--that not only is there no one to experience time but there is also no one to experience its conceptual opposite, timelessness. Whatever is the case of Ultimate Reality we ARE it, before and after our birth, life and death. "Just a thought I'm throwing out there."
wayne

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 01:16 am
@tomr,
The most obvious exception being that death is not painful, it is living and the struggle to live which is painful.
The final moments of one's life may indeed be painful, but death is the end of pain and the struggle to live.
tomr

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 04:31 am
@JLNobody,
But can timelessness be experienced in the first place? I can't think of anything I have experienced that would not involve time.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 01:16 pm
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:
It seems to me--and of course I cannot know; it's just supposition--that not only is there no one to experience time but there is also no one to experience its conceptual opposite, timelessness. Whatever is the case of Ultimate Reality we ARE it, before and after our birth, life and death. "Just a thought I'm throwing out there."
ANYone can SUPPOSE ANYthing about anything.

What good does THAT do ???????????

Please let us know
how we are better off by SUPPOSING
than we were were before we supposed. I wanna know that, Mr. Nobody.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 01:20 pm
@wayne,
wayne wrote:
The most obvious exception being that death is not painful, it is living and the struggle to live which is painful.
The final moments of one's life may indeed be painful, but death is the end of pain and the struggle to live.
People who have gone thru it,
have described alleged "death" as being the end of pain,
and being very pleasant, tho dying was painful, in some cases.

Thay have ofen told of strongly disliking
being forced back into human bodies,
compared to being put back in jail.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 03:21 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
What about those that die in their sleep, peaceful...It happens, they didn't feel pain...My Grandmother died that way and that's the way I'd like to go but we shall see.

I think it's more of the last moments, before you "think" you are going to die.

For me, I saw a video that seemed like 30 seconds but showed my whole life flashing before me, I have read that others have seen that too...Then I almost went blank, out I remember feeling calm and peaceful, happy even and then I fought to not pass out and then fought for my life, against some idiot tall giant called a man.....And, so here I am.....
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 03:40 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:
What about those that die in their sleep, peaceful...
What about it ?

FOUND SOUL wrote:
It happens, they didn't feel pain...
Sometimes it happens like that.
Every time that I 've had an out-of-body experience
it was very sudden and unexpected.

FOUND SOUL wrote:
My Grandmother died that way and that's the way I'd like to go but we shall see.
So did mine.

FOUND SOUL wrote:
I think it's more of the last moments, before you "think" you are going to die.
I don 't know what u mean.

FOUND SOUL wrote:
For me, I saw a video that seemed like 30 seconds but showed my whole life flashing before me,
I have read that others have seen that too...
I know a girl who incorrectly
believed that she was about to get killed
and she had a life review experience.

FOUND SOUL wrote:
Then I almost went blank, out I remember feeling calm and peaceful, happy even and then I fought to not pass out and then fought for my life, against some idiot tall giant called a man.....And, so here I am.....
Who or what was the man ?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 03:38 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Well, I mean you "think"you are going die... to the OP's question, the only way you can describe what you personally have felt, thought, seen is if you were about to die, but didn't...... like you did, like I did.

What man? Are you asking me to tell you what exactly happened to me? That near death experience? And the man involved?Smile Guess I am anonoymous but didn't think it belonged to this thread plus, nothing worries me, past is past I get on with life....
0 Replies

Ivanaxx1

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 07:04 am
@tomr,
This is not accurate, there is a flood of endorphins right before death to keep you calm in order to slow heart rate among other things. This is probably why people, when they die of natural causes, do not whip themselves around in agony in their final moments. They look peaceful because they usually are. In the case of massive blood loss, the endorphins act to slow the heart rate in order not to lose more blood. This is an evolutionary mechanism.
JLNobody

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 08:39 am
@Ivanaxx1,
And I get the same impression when seeing a film of a lion killing a zebra or other kind of prey: the prey is grasped by the throat while he usually dies rather slowly. What impresses me is how little he struggles--is that the effect of an endorphin infusion?
0 Replies

13thstar

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 03:40 am
my mother has just past away last weekend. when I received the call to go to the hospice to say my goodbyes,I believe they felt that she would be responsive. I didn't make it there in time.when I finally arrived and saw my mother lying there I recognized her "I'm in a lot of pain" facial expression. Though the nurses said she went peacefully,and due to the heavy narcotics was not in any pain. If she had passed with a smile,or with her mouth shut and relaxed,I would probably believe them,but she was staring upwards and toward the exit of the room,mouth wide open and her hands were clenched. This tells me that she in fact was in pain while her strugle to stay alive was kicking in. The nurses also stated that she had been hallucinating for 3 days before hand,and seeing people she didn't even know in her room near her bed. When I arrived,I immediately took her hand and kissed her forehead. Her body was stiff and cool to the touch,but her hands were still warm and I was able to move her fingers. It wasn't till about 7 hrs after,when her body had to be removed that rigamorphis had been set in and her whole body was stiff as a board. Just thought I'd share my first and hopefully last experience of this. I am convinced that even with all the morphine and pain pills,and patches,she went in pain. I will always wonder if she knew I had kissed her forehead,or if she knew I was at her side since her hands were still warm. This is all just a reacurring nightmare for me now.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 04:05 am
@OmSigDAVID,
How can this be answered? Seriously if you are saying "before you die" ....

What about before you think you are about to die?

I was 18.. Dancing having a good time.

I went to the toilets and some 6 ft man as I walked out, grabbed me, pulled me up by the throat and dragged me through the back door.

He hit me in the face I saw stars, blacked out, then I saw my life flash like a video in front of me, my then boyfriend, my family, my life.

He pushed me into the car or tried to.. I held so tight he couldn't do it.. I grabbed that door frame for my life.

A taxi driver saw it all and shone his lights, this 6ft 3 dood saw him, he stopped pushing.

I with a blood nose, ran to the taxi.

When I went to Court, they said... "Do you live at 12 Gosport Avenue .........
Renown Park... I was devistated he had my address ?

Turned out he was a Pimp.. Owned a brothel.. Can you imagine my life if he succeeded?

WHAT does it feel like the last moment of your life if you think you are going to die?

Scared shirtless.

What would have happened if he succeeded?

I don't want to know.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 10:49 pm
What do the last moments feel like? I'll be happy to let you know when I find out--if I can.