The Story Thread.

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 09:02 pm
Just tell a story. It could be from life, or just something you made up. Whatever. Just tell a story.

I'l start. I woke up, but i wasnt in my bed. i was on the floor next to my bed, so I got up, got back into bed, and went to sleep.

That was lame, I know. but We aren't judging (at least, I'm not).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 1,563 • Replies: 13
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 09:35 pm
@hamilton,
hamilton wrote:

I woke up, but i wasnt in my bed. i was on the floor next to my bed, so I got up, got back into bed, and went to sleep.

I didn't know that my wife had jammed her feet into my back and shoved me off. I found that out from her the next morning, as I handed her coffee and a cinnamon roll. "You're outta the bed, permanent, next time," she said.
jcboy

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 04:05 am
@edgarblythe,
I went to the gym at 5am this morning and worked out for 45 minutes. It wasn’t until I finished that I realized I had my shorts on backwards.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 06:10 am
For sale:
Bridal dress,size 14, never used.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 06:38 am
@hamilton,
A little boy catches a frog to enter into the local frog jumping contest at the summer fair. After a week of serious anticipation he's all proud of his frog and hoping he will win, but the contest turns out to be a farce, the frogs jump everywhere, nobody pays attention, people wander by aimlessly and somebody carelessly steps on his frog and kills it.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 06:41 am
@hamilton,
once upon a time, i woke up and it was all a dream
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 08:06 pm
He's ridiculously tall, and ridiculously gorgeous.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2011 05:02 am
http://www.savagechickens.com/wp-content/uploads/chickenabrupt.jpg
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2011 05:14 pm
I was going to technical school one summer, and it started at 8:00 a.m. I had to get up at 5:00 a.m. in order to get ready and catch my three buses to be there on time. I'd come home, exhausted, eat dinner, go to bed and do it all over again.

One night, I came home and fell asleep on the couch. After a bit, I woke up. Disoriented, I looked at my watch. 6:15!!! OMG, I was going to be late (a real no-no at the school). I ran to the kitchen to confirm the time - yep, 6:18! Oh ****! I ran out the door to the bus stop, sweating all the way. WHen I finally to the school, everything was locked up tight even though it should have been open. I paced up and down in front of the door, waiting for someone to arrive. Nobody ever did. Was it a Statutory holiday? I couldn't remember what day it was. After pacing for about half an hour, I went to a local grocery store. I went up to the owner and asked what time it was - his time confirmed mine. I wandered outside, dazed and confused. I felt like I was in a Twilight Zone movie. I went back to the school - still locked. Finally, I decided to go home.

WHen I eventually got there, it was dark, making me feel more and more like I was in a Twilight Zone movie. Weird. I walked into the living room and turned on the tv and was vaguely listening to the news when after a while they mentioned the date - I was - WHAT? It was the same bloody day.

That was over 30 yrs ago and I have since done that at least once more.
hamilton

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2011 08:28 pm
@Mame,
Great!
just something I forgot to mention, you CAN tell stories from books, or what not, so long as you give credit.

I woke up, at 5:30. Because my alarm was going off. I got up, got dressed, and went to swim practice. there, I talked to friends, and swam 10000 yards, then went and did running, pushups, and weightlifting. It was very challenging, and every day I went home sore. But I kept going because I wanted to improve myself, and make people proud!

I'm out of it with story telling, right now, sorry. I'l do better later.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 04:54 am
@hamilton,
One of my daughter's schoolmates believed that he was the inspiration for Harry Pottter, after JK Rowling spotted him on a train. I did a bit of research, he wasn't spotted by JK Rowling at all, it was Jim Henson.
hamilton

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 07:16 pm
@izzythepush,
I knew a Jim Henson... he lived on my street in pittsburgh. I think he was a physical therapist. He was very nice.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 07:23 pm
Okay then, Hamilton...

Once upon a time there was a princess who slept on a bunch of mattresses under which there was a pea. The pea gave the princess the most wicked backache. There was no nurse, doctor or naturopath in town so she just had to suck it up. The end.
hamilton

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 07:27 pm
@Mame,
oooh. good one!
once, goldilocks was traipsing through the woods when she came to the cottage of the three bears. she walked in, and found them. "YOU'RE TOO EARLY!" the papa bear said, and ate her for being an overachiever.
0 Replies