Help with Journalism Homework - Story News Broadcasting

Reply Thu 2 May, 2019 06:53 pm
So for the beginning of my journalism assignment, I need to "Choose a Story for Broadcast (Look for News Reports that are concise and lack feature writing / narrative elements. If it is a follow-up story, avoid long-running follow up stories". I don't really know what this means. Can anyone give me specific stories (preferably with links) that fulfill this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 4,261 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Ponderer

Reply Thu 2 May, 2019 07:46 pm
@vikaliza,
Try this- (I found it interesting and informative)-
theweathernetwork.com/ca/news/articles/5g-cell

It is about how 5g cell broadcasting could interfere with the collection of data from satellites about water vapor (essential for weather forecasting) because of the frequency of the transmissions.
That is a little too "concise", but if you are interested, read it until you understand it, (taking notes about the "5 w's" of reporting- who, what, when, where, why) and then tell it in your own words. (Like I tried to do)
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 3 May, 2019 02:35 am
@vikaliza,
A follow up story is something new that has happened to an already existing news story.

Take Julian Assange for example. He was accused of rape in Sweden, claimed asylum in the Ecuadorean embassy, was evicted, arrested and yesterday jailed for breaching bail conditions.

Each event is a follow on story from what originally happened, Assange being accused of rape.

As this story has gone on for years and years and shows no signs of slowing down, (Assange will appeal against his sentence, and fight extradition to US,) it's the sort of thing your teachers want you to avoid.

Read your local paper, find something fairly straightforward, choose that.
0 Replies