Are atheists being more illogical than agnostics?

Frank Apisa

Sun 13 Apr, 2014 03:04 am
@carnaticmystery,
carnaticmystery wrote:

Quote:
That was sarcasm on my part, CM. Get with it.

oh really? i didn't know that at all. i was responding seriously.
Quote:
Give it a break. To assert that pure logic can only lead to non duality eventually...is illogical. Try putting in a syllogistic format!

ok sure:
all logic is aimed at finding answers to questions.
all questions necessarily contain some assumptions/beliefs about existence itself.
all existence itself is non dual.
therefore, all pure logic will lead to non duality eventually.

Quote:
what i said made perfect sense, if your brain was able to understand common english: non duality is the only philosophy which allows for the eternal possibility of logic. it means an understanding that logic/intellect will eternally be in operation, therefore there is no possibility of a single 'ultimate truth' or understanding, because whatever it is can be questioned further.

Quote:
So can agnosticism...because agnosticism does not fall into the trap of claiming to know the truth as you do with your silly non-duality program.

who is claiming to know the truth? nobody. i am only using logic to assert that a COMPLETE understanding of the lack of possibility of knowing any truth is itself a truth that is known, once accepted.

agnosticism falls into the trap of claiming not to know, but not seeing that that itself is knowledge. hahaha. not knowing something, is knowing something.

if you don't know what the eighth root of pi is, then you KNOW that you don't know. so lack of knowledge is also knowledge.

Quote:
Do not claim to be an agnostic. You are far from being one. You are merely a theist with a different program.

why would i claim to be a dumbfuck agnostic? i was one, i realised that it is pure dumbfuckness, so i moved on to more complex philosophies.

an agnostic is nothing more than a theist and an atheist combined, hoping to just wait around and 'find out' the truth from others in future, and then jump on the wagon. hahahaha. pathetic. well now that you've turned back into a dumb **** petty pathetic ****, i'll leave you alone again. enjoy dumbfuck agnosticism!

Hey, CM. I see you are showing your "class" here.

Thanks.

I love when you do that. Wink
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sun 13 Apr, 2014 06:13 am
Quote:
Krumple said: What Romeo has to say would never convince anyone with even the most mild of intellect.

I see it's time for me to play my "Fan Mail" trump card again, I'm the fabled 'Mick' they refer to. Eat this Jack!..Smile-

Spannerose - "Mick, I would like you to know that the result of reading your posts I am left with the desire to pick up my bible for the first time in years"
ChildofLight - "So good to read your responses Mick, some are quite witty and made LOL"
Happysandyh - "welcome Mick, welcome welcome!"
HenryS - "You are brilliant Mick in finding appropriate phrases. Another one of your superb emails to store"
Firebrand - "Amen and welcome Mick"
Coconut - "Whew! Thanks for sharing Mick"
Sarah4Jesus - "Listen to Mick in Plymouth, he is a great teacher"
Cathie - "Very wise advice Mick, thanks"
Kierri - "That was one of the best explanations I've ever heard! Yay for Mick in Plymouth"
Haimehenmmli - "I LOVE IT MATE!!! I'm going to put it into my files, with some of my other favorites, from you"
Evachrst3 - "Right on, Mick, I couldn't agree more.Thank you for defending the faith so eloquently".
Devilmademedoit2 - "I love this! Thanks, Mick!"
SweetSummer96 - "Wow. That's a cool story Mick."
Vespasian052 - "Wow! Mick,what an awesome tale.."
Beekpr9 - "Amen to all you have said, Mick!"
Saipan1777 - "Spot on Mick bravo"
Duke Tinn - "Thanks again Mick. Great Stuff"
Tahella - "Welcome Mick!"
Ainglkiss - "Mick what a wonderful story. You write so well. Keep up the great work"
BlessedOne - "Glad to have you here Mick! Jesus is the way!"
MonkGirl - "Wow, thank you Mick! That is really comforting...and all I really needed to hear!"
WOFman - "Welcome Mick!"
JeffC - "HELL YEAH! PREACH IT BROTHER, THE REALITY WAY! (LUV YUR STYLE....)
Nottonguetied - "I loved those stories from Mick"
Honeybearx - "This was very good reading thank you Mick"
Megan - "Mick, I just wanted to tell you that I loved this story, it was very touching"
Benjoman - "Your one of the only ones from the singles board that I still love Mick"
Allisoneness -"You are the one true Christian on here, keep up the good work and praise the Lord"
Sherry Anne - "Mick i love your posts"
Antipas - "Brilliant yet again Mick"
Easynote - "ROFL Mick you are pure class, another of your timeless classics!"
Kermit - "I love Mick. He is so, how shall I say it, RIGHT ON THE MONEY AND FUNNY, TOO"
Kermmiekr - "How uplifting Mick, and so very true"
Chrysalis55- "Just want to say, I love your posts and your messages not only insprire me, sometimes they make me laugh
because you are able to get your point across in such a great way. WAY TO GO waymarker!!!"
Evenflow- I just LOVE this post You have made me smile BIG TIME this morning. Good for you and what a great attitude you have to life xx
Apple Pie - "Really good to see you, Mick. Come on over to 4church, we could do with your input and your humour"
Lillian - "Mick please come back..it's nice having you on the board"

Romeo strutting along Plymouth UK seafront-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/POS-swagger2_zps8e311a2c.jpg~original
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sun 13 Apr, 2014 06:49 am
Quote:
Romeo said about Jesus: But why on earth would he lie and lay himself open to a blasphemy charge by the snooty priests?
Frank Apisa replied: Because humans lie.
Why on Earth would you suppose he would not lie...except because of a blind guess that he wouldn't?

Mate, didn't your nanny teach you that you can't go through life suspecting everybody is fibbing ?..Wink

"Paranoid personality disorder is a psychiatric diagnosis characterized by a pervasive and long-standing suspiciousness and generalized mistrust of others"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoid_personality_disorder

ATHEISTS VIEW OF THE BIBLE-
Genesis- LIES!
Exodus- LIES!
Leviticus- LIES!
Numbers- LIES!
Deuteronomy-LIES!
Joshua- LIES!
Judges-LIES!
Ruth-LIES!
1 Samuel-LIES!
2 Samuel- LIES!
1 Kings- LIES!
2 Kings- LIES!
1 Chronicles-LIES!
2 Chronicles-LIES!
Ezra- LIES!
Nehemiah-LIES!
Esther-LIES!
Job-LIES!
Psalms-LIES!
Proverbs-LIES!
Ecclesiastes-LIES!
Song of Solomon-LIES!
Isaiah-LIES!
Jeremiah-LIES!
Lamentations-LIES!
Ezekiel- LIES!
Daniel- LIES!
Hosea- LIES!
Joel-LIES!
Amos-LIES!
Obadiah-LIES!
Jonah-LIES!
Micah-LIES!
Nahum-LIES!
Habakkuk-LIES!
Zephaniah-LIES!
Haggai-LIES!
Zecharia-LIES!
Malachi-LIES!
Matthew-LIES!
Mark-LIES!
Luke-LIES!
John- LIES!
The Acts-LIES!
Romans-LIES!
1 Corinthians-LIES!
2 Corinthians- LIES!
Galatians-LIES!
Ephesians- LIES!
Phillipians-LIES!
Colossians-LIES!
1 Thessalonians-LIES!
2 Thessalonians-LIES!
1 Timothy-LIES!
2 Timothy-LIES!
Titus-LIES!
Philemon- LIES!
Hebrews- LIES!
James-LIES!
1 Peter-LIES!
2 Peter- LIES!
1 John- LIES!
2 John-LIES!
3 John-LIES!
Jude-LIES!
Revelation-LIES!
Frank Apisa

Sun 13 Apr, 2014 11:52 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Romeo said about Jesus: But why on earth would he lie and lay himself open to a blasphemy charge by the snooty priests?
Frank Apisa replied: Because humans lie.
Why on Earth would you suppose he would not lie...except because of a blind guess that he wouldn't?

Mate, didn't your nanny teach you that you can't go through life suspecting everybody is fibbing ?..Wink

"Paranoid personality disorder is a psychiatric diagnosis characterized by a pervasive and long-standing suspiciousness and generalized mistrust of others"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoid_personality_disorder

ATHEISTS VIEW OF THE BIBLE-
Genesis- LIES!
Exodus- LIES!
Leviticus- LIES!
Numbers- LIES!
Deuteronomy-LIES!
Joshua- LIES!
Judges-LIES!
Ruth-LIES!
1 Samuel-LIES!
2 Samuel- LIES!
1 Kings- LIES!
2 Kings- LIES!
1 Chronicles-LIES!
2 Chronicles-LIES!
Ezra- LIES!
Nehemiah-LIES!
Esther-LIES!
Job-LIES!
Psalms-LIES!
Proverbs-LIES!
Ecclesiastes-LIES!
Song of Solomon-LIES!
Isaiah-LIES!
Jeremiah-LIES!
Lamentations-LIES!
Ezekiel- LIES!
Daniel- LIES!
Hosea- LIES!
Joel-LIES!
Amos-LIES!
Obadiah-LIES!
Jonah-LIES!
Micah-LIES!
Nahum-LIES!
Habakkuk-LIES!
Zephaniah-LIES!
Haggai-LIES!
Zecharia-LIES!
Malachi-LIES!
Matthew-LIES!
Mark-LIES!
Luke-LIES!
John- LIES!
The Acts-LIES!
Romans-LIES!
1 Corinthians-LIES!
2 Corinthians- LIES!
Galatians-LIES!
Ephesians- LIES!
Phillipians-LIES!
Colossians-LIES!
1 Thessalonians-LIES!
2 Thessalonians-LIES!
1 Timothy-LIES!
2 Timothy-LIES!
Titus-LIES!
Philemon- LIES!
Hebrews- LIES!
James-LIES!
1 Peter-LIES!
2 Peter- LIES!
1 John- LIES!
2 John-LIES!
3 John-LIES!
Jude-LIES!
Revelation-LIES!

I'm not saying he is lying. I am asking why you are asserting he is not lying.

I suspect neither of us knows for sure...but you are pretending that you do.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sun 13 Apr, 2014 12:47 pm
Quote:
Frank Apisa said re Jesus: I'm not saying he is lying. I am asking why you are asserting he is not lying.

But why would he lie?
If you can suggest a good watertight motive, I'd be quite happy to consider that he might have been lying..Smile
Frank Apisa

Sun 13 Apr, 2014 01:01 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said re Jesus: I'm not saying he is lying. I am asking why you are asserting he is not lying.

But why would he lie?

Why do you think David Copperfield lies?

How about Penn...or Teller?

Same reason.

Quote:

If you can suggest a good watertight motive, I'd be quite happy to consider that he might have been lying..Smile

I don't want you to consider that me might have been lying, Romeo. I want you to consider that it is possible he was lying...OR MISTAKEN.

Suppose his mother told him from birth that he was special...and a child of GOD...and he accepted that as true, based on a blind guess that his mother would not lie to him.

I do not know if Jesus as an individual person actually existed. My guess is that you don't either.

You accept that he was...based on a blind guess.

I simply acknowledge that I do not know.

In my case, whether he did or did not exist as an individual person (rather than as an amalgam of several different personalities of that day) is not especially important, because his existence or his supposed divinity is not important to me.

What is important is that there were some lessons taught...either by him or by an amalgam...that intrigue me, interest me, and quite frankly motivate me.

Many of the atheists here seem to feel that same way.

His existence is not important to them; his supposed divinity is not important...but some of the lessons attributed to him ARE important.

Comprende?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sun 13 Apr, 2014 01:15 pm
When facts are presented to us, we have to make judgements on their validity based on our simple commonsense.
Fact- Jesus blew the socks off the entire nation of Israel and the Roman garrison, because even Copperfield or Penn and Teller would be hard pressed to bring dead bodies back to life!
Fact- After his death when Christianity began snowballing nobody ever came forward to say "Hey I lived in Israel at the same time as him, and the gospels are packs of lies", no priests said it, no Romans said it, and no ordinary people said it.
Our commonsense therefore tells us he was something very special and very BIG, maybe even as big as Elvis..Smile
rosborne979

Sun 13 Apr, 2014 01:25 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/26/26be95f74a2be4ab76b68f087c01ab46342bdf81266def69b78f6966a67b01ba.jpg
0 Replies

anonymously99

Sun 13 Apr, 2014 01:48 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Agnostics are about the same as non believers/atheists. Senseless one is who does not understand wheter intentional or unintentional. Which clearly defines atheists, agnostics, and ignorant individuals; senseless. Not understanding.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 13 Apr, 2014 02:25 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

When facts are presented to us, we have to make judgements on their validity based on our simple commonsense.
Fact- Jesus blew the socks off the entire nation of Israel and the Roman garrison, because even Copperfield or Penn and Teller would be hard pressed to bring dead bodies back to life!
Fact- After his death when Christianity began snowballing nobody ever came forward to say "Hey I lived in Israel at the same time as him, and the gospels are packs of lies", no priests said it, no Romans said it, and no ordinary people said it.
Our commonsense therefore tells us he was something very special and very BIG, maybe even as big as Elvis..Smile

You are dealing with blind guesses...and when it is called to your attention, you resort to the silliness.

No problem. You have very little ammunition, so silliness is your best bet.
anonymously99

Sun 13 Apr, 2014 02:42 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Love conquers all.

Love defeats all.

Love is the best ammunition to have. I could tell you, I am, that I love you being in a mature manner but your feelings could be the result of who you are. If your feelings are positive then you understand. If your feelings are negative then you don't understand whether intentionally or unintentionally. Understand?
0 Replies

Herald

Sun 13 Apr, 2014 10:09 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
God is OXYTOCIN

There is no neuromodulator of the brain in the world that can outperform your personal theory about your personal atheistic pseudoscientific explanation of the things.
0 Replies

Herald

Sun 13 Apr, 2014 10:18 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
So what you are saying, Herald...is that Romeo is just blindly guessing that Jesus had a direct line to GOD?

What I am saying is that we still haven't fully understood what happened by that time (the Coming of Jesus 34 B.C. ... and what does the Second Coming of Jesus might mean ... and why is that) ... and what is that psychotronic theathre all about ... up to the '18th digit after the decimal point'.
The simplistic superficial explanations of FM that everything is 'simple chemistry' and 'simple physics' are mildly said absolutely unserious.
Frank Apisa

Mon 14 Apr, 2014 03:14 am
@Herald,
Herald wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
So what you are saying, Herald...is that Romeo is just blindly guessing that Jesus had a direct line to GOD?

What I am saying is that we still haven't fully understood what happened by that time (the Coming of Jesus 34 B.C. ... and what does the Second Coming of Jesus might mean ... and why is that) ... and what is that psychotronic theathre all about ... up to the '18th digit after the decimal point'.
The simplistic superficial explanations of FM that everything is 'simple chemistry' and 'simple physics' are mildly said absolutely unserious.

I am not interested in your guesses about REALITY...or FM's...nor about each of your opinions about the other's guesses.

But Romeo asserted that Jesus had a direct line to GOD...which assumes there was a Jesus...there is a GOD...and that Jesus had a "direct line" to that GOD.

I suggested that all that appears to me to be a bunch of blind guesses...and you seem to be agreeing (albeit reluctantly).

If you are not, say so.

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Mon 14 Apr, 2014 06:24 am
Quote:
Rosborne posted:

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/26/26be95f74a2be4ab76b68f087c01ab46342bdf81266def69b78f6966a67b01ba.jpg

I'm not sure what you're getting at mate?
Like I said earlier, when facts are presented to us we have to use our commonsense about whether to believe them.
For example regarding the pilot of missing flight MH370:-
Fact 1- He was raised as a muslim
Fact 2- He later tended towards atheism
Fact 3- He subscribed to transvestite Eddie Izzards website
Fact 3- He supported gay rights campaigner Anwar Ibrahim
Fact 4- Ibraham was jailed for 5 years on homosexuality charges in Malaya on March 7th 2014.
Fact 5- The airliner took off hours later on 8th March 2014 and vanished.

So putting all those facts together, we can reasonably assume the pilot was a brittle mixed-up individual who was finally pushed over the edge and decided to suicide and take a plane-full of "infidels" with him in his spiteful anger.
rosborne979

Tue 15 Apr, 2014 04:26 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
"Logic: a systematic method for coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence" (at least in your case) Wink
Romeo Fabulini

Tue 15 Apr, 2014 08:59 am
@rosborne979,
You're a pilot yourself mate, so if you can come up with a better explanation than mine about what happened to the missing airliner, by all means tell us..Smile

PS- i've just ordered the 'X-Plane 10' PC flight simulator for £43 (60 US dollars) and at that price it better be good.
Previously I'd been playing Flight Sim X for years but fancy a change.
I'm going to get a new jet combat flight sim too, possibly 'Lock On'.
rosborne979

Tue 15 Apr, 2014 07:32 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
You're a pilot yourself mate, so if you can come up with a better explanation than mine about what happened to the missing airliner, by all means tell us..Smile

So, you don't actually read the threads you post on do you.
0 Replies

vansdad

Mon 15 Jun, 2015 09:59 pm
@anonymously99stwin,
Re: vansdad (Post 5538881)
vansdad wrote:
"I haven't heard anyone debate as to whether or not fairies existed lol"

anon wrote:
In peter pan they do. As I think to myself, or what movie was it.

And you believe that Peter Pan is real?
0 Replies

FBM

Mon 15 Jun, 2015 10:02 pm
Gods really do exist. In scriptures and in people's minds. The question is whether or not they exist outside them.