What change would YOU like to see?

Fido

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 04:20 pm
@JD The Confused,
JD The Confused wrote:

I for one do not honor the greek and roman societies for self destruction i honor them for the progress they made to highten the technologies and granduer they gave people and for the single focus...mainly the romans...to bring everyone under the same understanding they tried to force something that should have been everyones human borne choice...not a bad way to do it but to early in this worlds growth. if it were to happen now not using war but peace and unification we would out work the romans into our own history books to pass on to future generations...
And now I am confused... I will try to read it again later...
JD The Confused

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 09:55 pm
@Fido,
Yeah...that happens sometimes...hence the name...read it again later and try to imagine typing it on a phone...plus my grammer sucks. never was one for words usually just have ideas and no real way to put words to them.
Fido

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 05:22 am
@JD The Confused,
On a phone... Wow..
JD The Confused

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 11:33 am
@Fido,
Dumbass computer fried on me and im to broke to buy a new one yet...
hamilton

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 11:56 am
@JD The Confused,
aww....
0 Replies

Tomjg

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2013 04:43 pm
@hamilton,
Hamilton, these are some of the changes I would like to see: I would like to see people become less ideological regarding economics, I would like there to be less violence in the media, I would like our system of voting to allow voters to transfer support from an elected official to someone else without waiting for the end of a term, I would like the power of an elected official to be proportional to the amount of votes she/he has received, I would like to see people work less, I would like to see borders between nations eventually disappear, I would like to see people in the United States be less dependent on the automobile, I would like more people to realize that elected officials become elected officials because people vote for them or do not vote, I would like to see more democracy in the world, I would like to see women treated more like full citizens throughout the world.

Tom,
JLNobody

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2013 10:09 pm
@Tomjg,
Tomjg,
I appreciate your general system of values, but I would prefer that there be less GREED regarding economics rather than less ideology. Keep in mind that economic behavior is less driven by ideological values than it is "justified" by them.
Tomjg

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2013 07:52 am
@JLNobody,
JLNobody, people may want different changes, I listed the changes that I would like to see.
Tom,
0 Replies

Tomjg

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2013 07:53 am
@hamilton,
Hamilton, I thought of another change I would like to see. I would like the government to spend more on research into the prevention and cure of diseases which result in the death of children.
Tom,
0 Replies