I really don't care for the look

jcboy

Reply Tue 17 May, 2011 07:45 pm
But isn't there more important things to worry about?

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/05/08/floridians-hike-up-your-pants-its-the-law/

PennyAroundTheWorld

Reply Tue 17 May, 2011 08:01 pm
@jcboy,
I believe that pants should be an optional thing. But what would I know, I'm just a hamster who never wears any clothes... AT ALL.
bieberfever32798

Reply Tue 17 May, 2011 08:32 pm
@jcboy,
lookin likea fool with yo pants on the ground!!! Smile
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 17 May, 2011 09:53 pm
I don't get this look. I walked behind a guy once, watched him hike up his pant as he shuffled along, it just looked terribly awkward. Why?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 17 May, 2011 10:02 pm
@jcboy,
I'm not fond of the look either but it's a passing trend. Big Brother now dictates how we should look! This is government gone too far! Waaay too far!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 May, 2011 04:21 am
A policeman I once spoke with said he loves when guys that try to outrun him dress that way. They fall down and trip them up.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 May, 2011 05:21 am
I was walking behind a couple of kids dressed like that yesterday, looked over at this guy on his porch, and told him i'd hate to have to run for my life dressed like that. He just laughed.
PhoebeKate

Reply Wed 18 May, 2011 10:27 am
@jcboy,
Nothing that a belt can't fixed. But some intentionally belt them at the hips thus underwear still revealed! Indecent exposure indeed?
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 18 May, 2011 08:17 pm
I've only lived in Florida for a year and a half now, I forget this is a red state. Less regulation for corporations, more for the common folk...Yup, that's the republican way.
panzade

Reply Thu 19 May, 2011 12:31 pm
http://www.imglols.com/wp-content/main/2010_08/sagging-pants-explained.jpg
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 23 May, 2011 07:49 am
@PennyAroundTheWorld,
The reason people must wear clothes even when it is too hot to is that no one has enough money to pay all the ugly ones to put some clothes on, and if it is illegal to go about undressed, then it is easier to afford to pay the pretty ones to show everything they got to who ever walks in the door...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 23 May, 2011 07:52 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I was walking behind a couple of kids dressed like that yesterday, looked over at this guy on his porch, and told him i'd hate to have to run for my life dressed like that. He just laughed.
Thorston Veblin talked about rich men carrying canes and wearing white gloves... The point is to tell the world that no physical labor will be performed by that individual... The point is the same with droopy drawers... They cannot work and hold up their pants... They are saying they will not work, and the holding up of the pants is just a distraction from the reality of having no hope and no money...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 23 May, 2011 07:57 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

I've only lived in Florida for a year and a half now, I forget this is a red state. Less regulation for corporations, more for the common folk...Yup, that's the republican way.

Now you got it all in a nut shell... If you will not govern what in life which has power over you, then it will govern you... If people will not govern their economy then their economy will demand that people are governed, and the more that is done, the less justice they will know, and the more law and police they must suffer until they find their whole world is a prison from which there is no escape... People should govern reality if they expect to be free... They are naturally moral unless immorality is made legal in which case they must follow suit...
0 Replies