Help: Thinking About Buying a First Motorcycle.

Intrepid

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 11:16 pm
@Diest TKO,
Nice bike. Looks like a good choice.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 12:31 am
@Diest TKO,

I saw one with a tailgun on it; a belt-fed machinegun.
U might consider that.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 12:36 am
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:

I got cold feet on the original motorcycle I was going to buy. I test drove it and after what I was being told from my instructors and a few other knowledgeable, the bike was too small for my body.

From there, I began to search for a good used bike of my liking.

I've been looking at

Buell Blast
Suzuki SV650 (naked version)
Honda Shadow variants

It's harder than I thought to buy a bike. I am getting a great deal of experience inspecting bikes though. The SV650 is my favorite so far. They are harder to come by however. Found a good one, but the owner was a D-bag. sadly that transaction was canceled.

If I had enough parking allocated to me in my garage I'd simply go all out and buy a Ural Sahara. However,

the parking alone would cost me $1200.0o/year

so I'll hold off on getting one of those until later in my motorcycle life.

T
K
O

If u get your own house,
u won 't have to worry about that.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 05:33 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

I saw one with a tailgun on it; a belt-fed machinegun.
U might consider that.

Interestingly enough, I actually had considered buying a Ural that had been used in the second Indiana Jones movie. It had a mount for a machine gun.

They even put a replica in the mount for the photo on Craigslist.
K
O
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 08:38 pm
@Diest TKO,

The one I saw was a cute little .22 caliber belt fed machinegun.

David
0 Replies

Sara Chang

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 07:45 am
I have been thinking about making my first road bike purchase and of course need a little help. I have been riding dirtbikes since the age of ten, though nothing terribly serious. Dirtbike riding sort of faded away from my life until I took a trip a few years ago riding in the baja with my father. I rode a Honda xr250 (I think that's the model, not sure though definitely a 250) and felt a little uncomfortable on it at first (it was the largest bike I had ridden) but soon felt that it was too small. We did mostly off-road riding but I also did some time on the road and I feel comfortable with my ability to handle a bike of that size.

Now, as I am looking at bikes, I feel like I will too soon once again feel like there is not enough power in a 250. I was planning to start (and end) with a 650 dual sport. I intend to ride mainly for enjoyment, mainly off the freeway though on occasionally.

Thanks a lot,
Sara
0 Replies