Outrage over GPS "chastity belt"

Foxfyre

Tue 4 Nov, 2008 12:17 pm
Okay ladies, what do you think? Good idea? Bad idea? Funny? Insulting? (I'm not asking the guys because they probably won't even notice the GPS tracking device.)

Outrage over 'chastity belt' lingerie fitted with GPS tracking system
By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 4:32 PM on 03rd November 2008

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/11/03/article-1082707-024DEC48000005DC-955_233x423.jpg

Controversial: Critics have said underwear featuring a tracking system is the high-tech equivalent of a chastity belt

Feminists around the world have reacted with horror to a new line of lingerie that comes equipped with a GPS tracking system.

The 'find me if you can' range of underwear has been described as a modern-day, high-tech chastity belt.

'It is outrageous to think that men can buy this, programme it and give it to their partners and then monitor them,' said Claudia Burghart, leader of a Berlin feminist group.

'It is nothing more than a chastity belt for insecure men.'
Lingerie maker Lucia Lorio of Brazil says her design targets the 'modern, techno-savvy woman'.

The lingerie combination set consists of lace bodice, bikini bottom and faux pearl collar, with the GPS device nestled in the see-through part of the bodice next to the waist.

'This collection... is a wink to women and a challenge to men because, even if she gives him the password to her GPS, she can always turn it off,' Lorio said.

'It's not a modern chastity belt. Some men think they can keep tabs on their girlfriends with it, but they're wrong,' she added.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1082707/Outrage-chastity-belt-lingerie-fitted-GPS-tracking-system.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 7,063 • Replies: 16
Topic Closed
No top replies

CoastalRat

Tue 4 Nov, 2008 12:20 pm
@Foxfyre,
Of course, she can always choose not to wear the lingerie, right? Or better yet, take it to a hotel and leave it near a room. Then sit back and watch the fireworks when he tracks it down. Twisted Evil
CalamityJane

Tue 4 Nov, 2008 12:20 pm
@Foxfyre,
What a hoax. It really is designed for the insecure male.
CoastalRat

Tue 4 Nov, 2008 12:22 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
It really is designed for the insecure male.

I don't think so. At least it is not designed for me. I would look terrible in that. Cool
Mame

Tue 4 Nov, 2008 12:51 pm
@CoastalRat,
Laughing
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Tue 4 Nov, 2008 01:02 pm
Now we can all speculate on what CR thinks looks good on him. Smile

But hey girls, I'm not seeing the outrage that is supposed to be triggered by this new....um......garment. Not offensive at all?
Thomas

Tue 4 Nov, 2008 01:05 pm
How is a man to ascertain the woman doesn't take off the device in the most critical moments? I'm offended it isn't a chip implant under her skin! I'm offended it isn't paired with an electroshock device to discipline her when needed!
CoastalRat

Tue 4 Nov, 2008 01:06 pm
@Foxfyre,
Well, if it weren't for the gps my wife attached to all my stuff, I'd come over and eliminate all the speculation for you ladies. But alas, Tam would know just where I went and unleash the wild dogs on me upon my return. So you will have to be content with speculation. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

chai2

Tue 4 Nov, 2008 01:09 pm
@CoastalRat,
I'm with coastal rat.

I could have a lot of fun with this. Those panties would get moved around more than that traveling lawn gnome.

Rooftops, stalled elevators, church confessionals......voting booths....
CoastalRat

Tue 4 Nov, 2008 01:17 pm
@chai2,
Voting booths...hmm. Naw, you're only allowed 3 minutes and it would take me at least 3 1/2 minutes. So that's no good. But it might be worth a try. After all, we're all libel to get screwed after the election, so why not get screwed during the election too? I'll have to discuss this with my wife on the way to vote this afternoon.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Tue 4 Nov, 2008 02:02 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

How is a man to ascertain the woman doesn't take off the device in the most critical moments? I'm offended it isn't a chip implant under her skin! I'm offended it isn't paired with an electroshock device to discipline her when needed!

Exactly how many times did you see "Stepford Wives"? Laughing
Thomas

Tue 4 Nov, 2008 02:33 pm
@CalamityJane,
Funny you should ask, Jane -- actually I'm the founder of Stepford.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Tue 4 Nov, 2008 04:21 pm
Has anybody seen the remake of "The Stepford Wives?" Quite different from the original.
JTT

Tue 4 Nov, 2008 04:59 pm
@chai2,
Kinda reminds me of this,

http://www.dekhona.com/tv-ads-videos/aaacepqqq
chai2

Tue 4 Nov, 2008 05:24 pm
@JTT,
oh yeah, that's great.

I'll have to write that one down.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Tue 4 Nov, 2008 06:11 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

Has anybody seen the remake of "The Stepford Wives?" Quite different from the original.

Yes, I did see it - not nearly as good as the original, despite the twist in the
end.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Tue 4 Nov, 2008 06:23 pm
amazing as it might seem, I know nothing about the device let alone OUTRAGE about it.
0 Replies