green tea , tea in general, anything i should know?

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 06:11 am
anything i should know about it? like general info, i read about it in wikipedia but it was way too specific.

well not just green tea, any tea in general. i just noticed how much i enjoy it, i went on break and made a cup and it was like i was fiending for it, its just so nice to sit somewhere and drink a cup and not be bothered by annoying friends etc..

i cant explain it but i think its gonna be a hobby of mine, like other people do with wine.

so anyone else out there a fan of tea like i am? i mainly only drink green tea but any other teas out there i should try that arent just fruity concotions from the grocery store?

i hear india makes good teas but i dont know what to look for, i only drink green and ill buy some exotic ones, but its from a retail store, i want more like organic grown, uumm , like some "real" tea, not commercialized if you know what i am talking about.

anyways i dont know if ill find what im looking for here but i figured i would ask around!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,521 • Replies: 8
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 06:48 am
British thread OG.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 09:08 am
british thread, is that a specific tea? or do you mean brit tea in general, i know they love it over there haha

anyways, i guess ill look around more, i think what i really want is "authentic" teas, i dont really like low-quality consumerist waste products marketed in cute packaging.
0 Replies

Leaka

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 07:00 pm
I know how to make the best tea you'll ever have.
If you have teabags and use the microwave to heat your water then you warm your water at 5mins.
In your cup put some Agave syrup in it, instead of sugar, place your tea bag flat down, when your water is done heating up pour the hot water on the tea bag, the tea bag should look like a balloon, and then you let it steep for 5mins.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 07:06 pm
You really don't want to heat a cup of water in my microwave for 5 minutes. Trust me.
0 Replies

Leaka

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 07:10 pm
roger wrote:
You really don't want to heat a cup of water in my microwave for 5 minutes. Trust me.

I do it all the time.
Nothing has happened. My microwave hasn't died, I haven't died, and nothing has happened.

I use a sturdy glass measuring cup to heat my water. What are you using?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 07:22 pm
Hi Leaka, welcome to Able2Know.

~~~

If you boiled water in a cup for five minutes in most North American microwaves, you'd probably boil the water over or destroy the container it's in.

It's certainly not a recommended approach.
0 Replies

Leaka

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 07:29 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Hi Leaka, welcome to Able2Know.

~~~

If you boiled water in a cup for five minutes in most North American microwaves, you'd probably boil the water over or destroy the container it's in.

It's certainly not a recommended approach.

I didn't know that.
I've done it every where. I watched it on a Japanese show. It was about Japanese etiquette and how to make tea the conventional way.
That was back in Greece and it worked in Greece as well. Nothing broke here.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 09:15 am
Water boils in my microwave (and in the microwaves of most people I know around here) in 2 to 3 minutes. Anything more and you pretty much just end up with a cloud of steam that smells like tea. You can clean the microwave with it, I suppose.
0 Replies