The Pledge

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 11:13 pm
Just finished watching this movie directed by Sean Penn. I saw this film as a drama, then a thriller then a drama again. There was a twist at the end that really surprised me.

What do you folks think of this film?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 820 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Letty

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 06:11 am
Well, Jeremiah, let's just say that when I watched the movie, I wanted to throw something at the TV. Evil or Very Mad

The irony was that they caught the real killer, and Jack Nicholson never knew it.
0 Replies

Jeremiah

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 09:25 am
Was the real killer that Indian guy or the one involved in a car accident where he got burned to death?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 09:43 am
Was "the Indian guy" the one who was convicted? If so, he was innocent, but killed himself in prison.

Yes, the one in the car crash was the real killer, and at the end, Jack Nicholson was lying against the wall, descending into madness and alcohol. That scene was juxtaposed against the remains of the burned car, and the viewer realized that no one would ever know that the real killer of the child had perished.

I wish that I had never watched it.
0 Replies

Jeremiah

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 10:06 am
I hear ya. What a tragic ending for the lead character.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 11:47 pm
Thanks for the heads up. I've started to rent it a couple times, but now know to leave it on the shelf.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 01:53 am
Got a copy of it for Christmas and watched it a couple of weeks ago.

Yes the irony is that the killer died in the crash and none of the policemen spotted it was the car they were looking for as they drove by.

I think the fact that Jack Nicholsons character promised the parents he'd find the killer made it all the worse for him in the end.
0 Replies