Movie theater question...

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 04:07 pm
How do you know which armrest is yours in a movie theater?

Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,414 • Replies: 23
No top replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 04:11 pm
The one you take as your own or swipe from the neighbor certainly...the second being the most envied and having the best refreshment flavor
0 Replies

bobsmyth

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 04:54 pm
They're both mine.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 04:58 pm
You have to fold your arms so both neighbors can be comfortable.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 05:16 pm
Oh, most definitely the "left" arm rest. You look for an aisle seat in the center section. You must get to the theater quite early - when the doors are opening. But, if for some reason you can't be there early, no problem, you take the seat next to the aisle seat . The person in the aisle seat always uses both arm rests so you wait until the opening credits appear and then, just loudly enough so the people in the rows in front and back of you can hear, you say: You dirty man, get your hand off me" or in the alternative, if it's a same sex situation: "Get your hand out of my purse or wallet". You may have to repeat this procedure several times. But, believe me, it's worth it. The obnoxious aisle seat person almost always leaves. You can now lean comfortably to the left - it's always more comfortable leaning to the left - and you can support your popcorn or bag of candy with your left arm and dig into it comfortably with your right hand.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 05:26 pm
Oops. My apologies, Craven. I thought you were asking my preference, not how I know which arm rest is mine. But, my answer is the same, it's the left one.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 09:18 am
There's two armrests on both sides of the row, one of them an extra! I don't know what happens when a left handed person sits next to a right handed person but come to think of it, I usually take the left armrest. I go to matinees so it's really not crowded enough for a fight to break out over an armrest.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 09:21 am
If you show up at the theatre heavily armed the other patrons will usually give you any that you want! Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 09:37 am
Or smelly. Smelly's good.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 12:06 pm
Smelly's less threatening than showing up with a Magnum. However, they're outta be a law about smelly also.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 12:52 pm
It is pretty interesting that there are extras yet, there never seem to be enough.
I guess if you sit on the left side you get the left, sit on the right, get the right..sit in the middle well..you get both. All depends on what handed you are though too...people should get that straight before they sit down. Ambidextrous get the middle that way Wink
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 02:22 pm
Step 1. Arrive at the movie theater early.
Step 2. Buy an extra large drink at the refreshment stand.
Step 3. Find a seat that has no one sitting in front or on either side.
Step 4. 'Spill' some of extra large drink on adjoining seats and seat in front of you.
Step 5. Warn potential neighbors "Someone just went to sit in that seat and I think it's wet."
Step 6. Sit back and enjoy your unobstructed view with armrests.

This same effect can also be achieved by heating up Junior Mints with a lighter and squishing them into the seat cushions.

Not that I've ever done this, mind you.
0 Replies

xleighellenx

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 10:51 am
I take both of them Smile my friends know I dont like to share Mr. Green usually I just take one and put my drink in the drink holder
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 11:06 am
If there's a stranger next to me, it's too crowded. (Alas, back when I shaved my head this was never a problem, but then it became fashionable and lost its impact.)
0 Replies

kev

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 02:10 am
Take the end of the row seat, that way you're guaranteed one armrest, if you get the other it's a bonus.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 05:55 am
Knowing Sugar (well... having read her and met her briefly), I'm suprised she hasn't told you about spilling stuff on the seats in front of you as well...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 06:06 am
I am in the 'both are mine' camp. I find a SARS mask does wonders for clearing space.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 06:11 am
Candy fans should be banned as well, with the constant unwrapping of those tiny sheets of cellophane.....that's where a magnum might come in handy.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 06:21 am
Is that a magnum of champagne, cav? I guess a well aimed champagne cork could severly wound one of those candy wrapper wrinklers. Not only that, think of the fun one will have after guzzling down the contents!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 06:25 am
Heh heh, true, but sadly, the champagne only flows at premieres, not day to day.
0 Replies