Google Search

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 10:31 am
Hi,

Can anyone tell me a good way to get listed with Google. I have tried all the conventinal methods like submitting site to google, getting links on other sites, making site easy to navigate etc etc. Does anyone know a better way. What I am looking for is Google to find my site just by putting a search like "Keltic Stone". This is my firend's site and if you search for Keltic Stone, he is always first in the list. He had this site designed by a web designer and I don't know he gets listed every time.

Please help!!

Many thanks,

Glenn.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,893 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Charli

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 04:15 pm
Not "listed" with Google.
This web site is not "listed" with Google. It simply comes up with a search (see below):

Here's to You!

Here's to You! Home. For all you lexophiles - June 8, 2007. A DIFFERENT QUIZ --- (May 30, 2007). HAPPY NEWS - - - June 2, 2007 ...
charlicharli.tripod.com/herestoyou2/ - 27k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages

The above comes up on page 7 of a Google Search: "Here's to You" +Tripod . "Here's to you" is the name of my Home Page; Tripod is the Host.

Does this help?

0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 10:01 am
have you put lots of key words in? and does the text you've used have lots of key words in that people would use to find you?

that worked for me

plus links to high profile sites helps if there are ones you can have mutual links with

also you need to update regularly as it will slip down the ratings if you don't
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 02:37 am
Glenn,

As long as search engines are able to crawl and index the site (not blocked by robots.txt exclusions or meta tags telling them not to, not banned by them etc) the major 3 search engines just need to find a link on a page in their index.

One easy way to do it would be to bookmark the site on social bookmarking sites that are indexed by search engines. That can usually get the site indexed.

A directory listing in a decent directory should do it as well. It really just takes one link that they find and they'll usually come and have a look.
0 Replies