Soul and Body info.

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 12:09 pm
Quote:
neologist Yeah but the soul is not an entity which may be separated from the body; and it is mortal

Then I must say this Neo, you REALLY DON'T BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD AND WHAT IT SAYS.

Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

There it is the proof in God's word if you really believe it neo that the soul is not the body.

kill the body.... not able to kill the soul.

If you REALLY believe God's Word then you HAVE TO ACCEPT this.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,191 • Replies: 38
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 12:17 pm
Re: Soul and Body info.
Scott777ab wrote:
Quote:
neologist Yeah but the soul is not an entity which may be separated from the body; and it is mortal

Then I must say this Neo, you REALLY DON'T BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD AND WHAT IT SAYS.

Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

There it is the proof in God's word if you really believe it neo that the soul is not the body.

If you REALLY believe God's Word then you HAVE TO ACCEPT this.

It depends which part of the Bible you quote, and how you read it. But, I will let neologist explain what he means.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 12:20 pm
"Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die." (Ezekiel 18:4)
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 12:20 pm
Oh he is more than welcome to try to argue with HIS GOD. It ain't with me, it is HIS GOD'S WORD that he has to deny to not accept that the soul is not the body, and there are more verses that support the whole idea of.

Man is composed of body, soul, and spirit.

That is just the most straight out one that says the body is not the soul.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 12:22 pm
neologist wrote:
"Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die." (Ezekiel 18:4)

Now you have to make that work with the verse I quoted.

OPPS you can't.
You don't believe in hell.
Sorry.

The Second Death mean anything to you Neo, it is where the soul goes at the end if it is not forgiven.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 12:28 pm
"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death." (Revelation 20:14)
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 01:01 pm
neologist wrote:
"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death." (Revelation 20:14)

"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life cast into the lake of fire" (Revelation 20:15)
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 01:04 pm
Come on Neo, you can try to do better can't you?
0 Replies

IFeelFree

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 01:41 pm
It surprises me how much time people spend dissecting religious texts and trying to figure out what they mean. It seems to me that we would better off spending some of that time engaging in spiritual practices in order to have direct experience of the sacred. "The kingdom of Heaven is within you... Seek ye first the kingdom of Heaven and all things will be added unto you."
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 02:03 pm
Scott777ab wrote:
neologist wrote:

"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life cast into the lake of fire" (Revelation 20:15)
"The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death." (1Corinthians 15:26)

Do you see where we are going with this?

BTW, As I recall you don't believe in the bible. So what is the purpose of this exercise?
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 02:50 pm
neologist wrote:
Quote:
Do you see where we are going with this?

No sorry, I don't see your point at all. Sorry Neo.

neologist wrote:
Quote:
BTW, As I recall you don't believe in the bible. So what is the purpose of this exercise?

The point is this from my point of view.
I am going to make a few assumptions here mostly due to your posts.
1. You believe in God.
2. You believe God is the creator.
3. You believe in the Word of God.
Those are my assumptions about you.

Now, based on said assumptions and what you have posted.

neologist wrote:
Quote:
Yeah but the soul is not an entity which may be separated from the body; and it is mortal

I have to say that you are disagreeing with the bible by saying this.
You have to accept the bible as a whole or not all.
The bible claims inspiration from God, and if so then it is all right, and if not then it is a fake and not to believed at all.
JW's I know for fact, because I used to attend Kingdom Hall, believe that the bible is inspired by God.
Therefor you must accept all of it, not just parts of that suit your doctrines.

Can I explain these.
In light of this verse.
In light of this verse.
It might all happen simultaneous. ( BUT LISTEN HERE ) The bible neither supports that nor denys this. This is what you would call man's word about the bible.

Me saying that death and hell and those found not in the book of life are cast in the lake of fire and at the same time death is destroyed are my words. They are partially supported by the bible but you can blow holes in the whole doctrine.

Me saying that man can kill the body and not the soul is COMPLETELY 100% supported by the bible.

The JW Doctrines of
Christ rose on spiritually not physically,
and
There is no hell but the grave,
and
that there is no soul within mankind.

Are all DOGMA that is not 100% supported by the bible.
There is to many loop holes in those doctrines.

I hope you have a better understanding of my point now.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 03:14 pm
Scott777ab wrote:
. . . JW's I know for fact, because I used to attend Kingdom Hall, believe that the bible is inspired by God.
Therefor you must accept all of it, not just parts of that suit your doctrines.

Can I explain these.
In light of this verse.
In light of this verse.
It might all happen simultaneous. ( BUT LISTEN HERE ) The bible neither supports that nor denys this. This is what you would call man's word about the bible.

Me saying that death and hell and those found not in the book of life are cast in the lake of fire and at the same time death is destroyed are my words. They are partially supported by the bible but you can blow holes in the whole doctrine.

Me saying that man can kill the body and not the soul is COMPLETELY 100% supported by the bible.

The JW Doctrines of
Christ rose on spiritually not physically,
and
There is no hell but the grave,
and

Are all DOGMA that is not 100% supported by the bible.
There is to many loop holes in those doctrines . . .
You're rambling, Scott. May be you should take one point at a time. For example where did you get this idea?
Scott777ab wrote:
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 09:19 pm
neologist wrote:
You're rambling, Scott.

No I was not. Reread the post Neo I stuck to my topic.

neologist wrote:
where did you get this idea?
Scott777ab wrote:

That is what the JW church teaches Neo.
And by within, I mean like within like a spirit or soul within. The JW church teaches against this.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 09:20 pm
I unfornately will not be able to post again for some time Neo. I drive Semis cross country. But I look forward to reading your answers. I am book marking this post line so I can see what you have said.

May God be with you and the peace of the Lord be upon you.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 10:12 pm
Scott777ab wrote:
neologist wrote:
You're rambling, Scott.

No I was not. Reread the post Neo I stuck to my topic.

neologist wrote:
where did you get this idea?
Scott777ab wrote:

That is what the JW church teaches Neo.
And by within, I mean like within like a spirit or soul within. The JW church teaches against this.
You mean like Adam came to be a soul (Genesis 2:7) and animals are souls. (Genesis 1:24)

Drive carefully. If you get near Seattle, I'd probably buy you a coffee, if ya trust me.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 10:51 pm
neologist wrote:
You mean like Adam came to be a soul (Genesis 2:7) and animals are souls. (Genesis 1:24)

Drive carefully. If you get near Seattle, I'd probably buy you a coffee, if ya trust me.

First off stop misquoting the bible.

This is ever instance of the word soul in Gen. What you quoted is not among these quotes.

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Gen 12:13 Say, I pray thee, thou [art] my sister: that it may be well with me for thy sake; and my soul shall live because of thee.
Gen 17:14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.
Gen 19:20 Behold now, this city [is] near to flee unto, and it [is] a little one: Oh, let me escape thither, ([is] it not a little one?) and my soul shall live.
Gen 27:4 And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring [it] to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die.
Gen 27:19 And Jacob said unto his father, I [am] Esau thy firstborn; I have done according as thou badest me: arise, I pray thee, sit and eat of my venison, that thy soul may bless me.
Gen 27:25 And he said, Bring [it] near to me, and I will eat of my son's venison, that my soul may bless thee. And he brought [it] near to him, and he did eat: and he brought him wine, and he drank.
Gen 27:31 And he also had made savoury meat, and brought it unto his father, and said unto his father, Let my father arise, and eat of his son's venison, that thy soul may bless me.
Gen 34:3 And his soul clave unto Dinah the daughter of Jacob, and he loved the damsel, and spake kindly unto the damsel.
Gen 34:8 And Hamor communed with them, saying, The soul of my son Shechem longeth for your daughter: I pray you give her him to wife.
Gen 35:18 And it came to pass, as her soul was in departing, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni: but his father called him Benjamin.
Gen 42:21 And they said one to another, We [are] verily guilty concerning our brother, in that we saw the anguish of his soul, when he besought us, and we would not hear; therefore is this distress come upon us.
Gen 49:6 O my soul, come not thou into their secret; unto their assembly, mine honour, be not thou united: for in their anger they slew a man, and in their selfwill they digged down a wall.

And here is all the Souls in Gen

Gen 12:5 And Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son, and all their substance that they had gathered, and the souls that they had gotten in Haran; and they went forth to go into the land of Canaan; and into the land of Canaan they came.
Gen 46:15 These [be] the sons of Leah, which she bare unto Jacob in Padanaram, with his daughter Dinah: all the souls of his sons and his daughters [were] thirty and three.
Gen 46:18 These [are] the sons of Zilpah, whom Laban gave to Leah his daughter, and these she bare unto Jacob, [even] sixteen souls.
Gen 46:22 These [are] the sons of Rachel, which were born to Jacob: all the souls [were] fourteen.
Gen 46:25 These [are] the sons of Bilhah, which Laban gave unto Rachel his daughter, and she bare these unto Jacob: all the souls [were] seven.
Gen 46:26 All the souls that came with Jacob into Egypt, which came out of his loins, besides Jacob's sons' wives, all the souls [were] threescore and six;
Gen 46:27 And the sons of Joseph, which were born him in Egypt, [were] two souls: all the souls of the house of Jacob, which came into Egypt, [were] threescore and ten.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 10:52 pm
neologist wrote:
I'd probably buy you a coffee, if ya trust me.

Could i get a Pepsi or Coke instead? I hate coffee.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 10:58 pm
Scott777ab wrote:
neologist wrote:

First off stop misquoting the bible.

This is ever instance of the word soul in Gen. What you quoted is not among these quotes.

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.Gen 12:13 Say, I pray thee, thou [art] my sister: that it may be well with me for thy sake; and my soul shall live because of thee.
Gen 17:14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.
Gen 19:20 Behold now, this city [is] near to flee unto, and it [is] a little one: Oh, let me escape thither, ([is] it not a little one?) and my soul shall live.
Gen 27:4 And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring [it] to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die.
Gen 27:19 And Jacob said unto his father, I [am] Esau thy firstborn; I have done according as thou badest me: arise, I pray thee, sit and eat of my venison, that thy soul may bless me.
Gen 27:25 And he said, Bring [it] near to me, and I will eat of my son's venison, that my soul may bless thee. And he brought [it] near to him, and he did eat: and he brought him wine, and he drank.
Gen 27:31 And he also had made savoury meat, and brought it unto his father, and said unto his father, Let my father arise, and eat of his son's venison, that thy soul may bless me.
Gen 34:3 And his soul clave unto Dinah the daughter of Jacob, and he loved the damsel, and spake kindly unto the damsel.
Gen 34:8 And Hamor communed with them, saying, The soul of my son Shechem longeth for your daughter: I pray you give her him to wife.
Gen 35:18 And it came to pass, as her soul was in departing, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni: but his father called him Benjamin.
Gen 42:21 And they said one to another, We [are] verily guilty concerning our brother, in that we saw the anguish of his soul, when he besought us, and we would not hear; therefore is this distress come upon us.
Gen 49:6 O my soul, come not thou into their secret; unto their assembly, mine honour, be not thou united: for in their anger they slew a man, and in their selfwill they digged down a wall.

And here is all the Souls in Gen

Gen 12:5 And Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son, and all their substance that they had gathered, and the souls that they had gotten in Haran; and they went forth to go into the land of Canaan; and into the land of Canaan they came.
Gen 46:15 These [be] the sons of Leah, which she bare unto Jacob in Padanaram, with his daughter Dinah: all the souls of his sons and his daughters [were] thirty and three.
Gen 46:18 These [are] the sons of Zilpah, whom Laban gave to Leah his daughter, and these she bare unto Jacob, [even] sixteen souls.
Gen 46:22 These [are] the sons of Rachel, which were born to Jacob: all the souls [were] fourteen.
Gen 46:25 These [are] the sons of Bilhah, which Laban gave unto Rachel his daughter, and she bare these unto Jacob: all the souls [were] seven.
Gen 46:26 All the souls that came with Jacob into Egypt, which came out of his loins, besides Jacob's sons' wives, all the souls [were] threescore and six;
Gen 46:27 And the sons of Joseph, which were born him in Egypt, [were] two souls: all the souls of the house of Jacob, which came into Egypt, [were] threescore and ten.
The KJV often translates the Hebrew word nephesh as 'life'. Sorry you didn't know that. Adam became a nephesh and animals are whatever the plural of nephesh.

Nephesh transliterated means breather. But it is the word the Hebrews used to mean 'soul'. When the Septuagint was translated, the Jews used the Greek word 'psyche' to mean nephesh or soul.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 11:04 pm
neologist wrote:

Nephesh transliterated means breather. But it is the word the Hebrews used to mean 'soul'. When the Septuagint was translated, the Jews used the Greek word 'psyche' to mean nephesh or soul.

You still have TOTALLY MISQUOTED Genesis 1:24
Gen 1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 01:20 am
A Google search of the word nephesh produced this page:

http://ecclesia.org/truth/nephesh.html

Note the references to Genesis 1:20, 24 and Genesis 2:7 among many others.

I generally treat at Starbucks, 'cause one is nearby. They have a good selection of non coffee drinks or we could sneak in a Pepsi. They probably wouldn't mind.
0 Replies