Posession of an Offensive Weapon

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 03:05 pm
Quote:
or intended by the person having it with him for such use.
thanks username

Intent is what matters, but that seems impervious to some people. ok cj
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 09:22 am
Related to this topic (though from last year):

This report was published by the Centre for Crime and Justice Studies at Kings College, London in August 2006.
It notes there is a lack of a reliable evidence base on the knife crime but what evidence there is indicates that a significant minority of young people carry knives.
It argues that there is the police and government do not have a coherent evidence-based approach to dealing with knife crime. As knives will always be readily available it concludes that the only way to deal with knife crime is to deal with the underlying causes of fear and insecurity.

'Knife Crime': Ineffective reactions to a distracting problem? A review of evidence and policy (pdf format)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 05:51 am
Okay. So there had been a school beating case in Louisiana.

Now, one teen is guilty of of aggravated second-degree battery and conspiracy charges.

Not speaking here about that witnesses provided conflicting testimony ...

Quote:
The aggravated battery charge against Bell involved the use of a dangerous weapon. Although no evidence of a gun, knife or other weapon was introduced, [DA] Walters argued, and the jury agreed, that the tennis shoes Bell was wearing at the time of the attack qualified as a dangerous weapon.

So, what shoes are you wearing, cjhsa? I sincerely hope, they are softer than tennis shoes (or better none at all?)!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 05:59 am
Sounds to me like a bunch of racists chimps on both sides, being led on by a overzealous, dumbass prosecutor (gee, can you spell Nifong?)
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 06:00 am
Quote:
Is a crime in The United States.

Think for a moment - just how stupid this "law" is. Anything can be deemed offensive, a rock, a pocket knife, a bat, tennis shoes.

It us unbelievable to me that people are willing to put up with such a nanny state. And not care. Bloody twits!

who wrote this?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 06:02 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
Quote:
Is a crime in The United States.

Think for a moment - just how stupid this "law" is. Anything can be deemed offensive, a rock, a pocket knife, a bat, tennis shoes.

It us unbelievable to me that people are willing to put up with such a nanny state. And not care. Bloody twits!

who wrote this?

You really should give more hints, Steve.

Let me try: someone living in a racist country without a proper legal system?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 06:03 am
I don't know. Not me.

That, by the way Steve, is a blatant violation of the TOS, and will be reported. See ya.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 06:09 am
Eh, why did you delete that you report me as well for being so stupid and quoting Steve's question?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 06:12 am
Do you want me to report you again?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 06:13 am
I can't hinder you, can I?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 06:32 am
cjhsa wrote:
I don't know. Not me.

That, by the way Steve, is a blatant violation of the TOS, and will be reported. See ya.
What is? Asking a question? You're rather pathetic cj. I wrote the above quote and I never attributed to you. I (rather cleverly) used a similar style to your opening post of this thread...which has clearly had the desired effect. "Report" all you wish...you have no case.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 06:37 am
But I do have class, something you sorely lack.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 06:45 am
cjhsa wrote:
But I do have class, something you sorely lack.
well thats a matter of opinion. Fancy a poll?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 07:02 am
I'll leave that up to you.
0 Replies