Please help with (complete) shareware removal...

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 01:27 am
I need help completely removing a shareware program from my machine. (Amd Sempron 2800+ WindowsXP.)

As I understand, a (timed, "free trial" as I've used here) shareware program will inbed notes in the regestry key to keep a person from un-installing and re-instaling it for continued use. Yes, I am asking for help cheating... but my intent is good. Several weeks ago I downloaded a few icon editors and found one that I (think) I like; I only used it on that first day and then forgot about it. Well, now that I'm interested in custon icon work again the &#($^% expiration date has passed. I want the program back! So far as I had tested it, the program did what I wanted it to do but there are many more things I need to test. If it were a five-dollar program I'd just go ahead and buy it- but the activation and patch fee is $29.99. No #^(#^%^ way!

I know nothing at all about registry editing, and I'm hoping someone can tell me (if it's as simple as knowing) how to find whatever registry keys or hidden files there might be so I can finish up the research. Thanks in advance for any help. Smile

H
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,145 • Replies: 3
No top replies

contrex

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 02:56 am
It is against the rules of this forum to help with cracking software.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 06:38 am
Step one - Get up from your computer
Step two - Get your wallet
Step three- Quit being a cheap ass and buy the freakin' program if it's so great.
0 Replies

harmonic

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 07:50 am
Ah... very sorry, that rule didn't occur to me at the time. But I understand. It is a respectful stance.
0 Replies