Severe Thunder Storm

Herema

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 08:28 pm
say, justbrooke, can you burn your files to a cd? I normally back up mine that way...one day I will get one of those thumb drives, but so far have not needed one.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 08:10 am
Herema<

This is a pretty thorough 4-pg article from about 10 years ago on brown-outs and the effects on equipment.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3922/is_199810/ai_n8812819
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 01:56 pm
Butrflynet wrote:
Brooke,

Check out all the other electronics in your house too. It is likely that some of those got zapped too. Things like VCRs, stereos, digital kitchen appliances, etc.

Also, check your homeowner's insurance policy to see if there is any help there with replacement costs. Probably not, but it is good to check.

Funny enough...... I have yet to find trouble with anything else. Except maybe my central air. But the guy I talked to said you can't cool your house properly until you take the humidity out of the air. Prior to the flood it worked fine. Then within 2 days it was almost a hundred here with 95% humidity. Plus all of the water laying everywhere didn't help the humidity problem! It runs and it cools but only to a certain temperature and then it just runs and runs and runs and won't cool it down any lower. He's coming out next week to look at it for me and I'm hoping it's ok cuz I wanna put geothermal in the next year or two if the wallet allows it. Not wanting to replace what I have with another unit.

My insurance covers lightening damage after my deductible. BUT....I also know how these insurance companies are around here. One claim and they can dump you if they want to. Not to mention the raise in your premium. So I will eat it up to a point! Smile
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 02:01 pm
Herema wrote:
say, justbrooke, can you burn your files to a cd? I normally back up mine that way...one day I will get one of those thumb drives, but so far have not needed one.

Yes Smile Thank you for the response!

That's actually what I've been doin' today. It works good but I love the speed of the thumb drives. Stick it in. Drag n Drop the full folders and pull it out and you're done!

I'm thinkin' I must be lazy! :wink:

*smiles*
0 Replies