Sir Salman Rushdie - The Hatred Flares

Zippo

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 01:43 pm
fresco wrote:
I see Zippo hasn't got a life yet !

The differences between Salman Rushdie and David Irving are..

One had freedom of speech, and the other didn't. Now get a life.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 01:46 pm
I have, of course, never said i am "smart."

Rushdie, to use the quotes on the page you linked, abandoned Islam at age 15. The point (which you can't see, wrapped up as you are in your hatred of Jews) is that Rushdie has no reason to gratuitously offend Muslims, and that was never his object. Comparing his case to a holocaust denier doesn't work, because for the analogy to work, your holocaust denier would have to be a Jew, whether or not he were "apostate."

There certainly is someone here who is full of ****, but the smell is drifting out of your corner.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 01:58 pm
Setanta wrote:

Rushdie, to use the quotes on the page you linked, abandoned Islam at age 15...

Therefore he is NOT a muslim. Why can't you admit you're wrong. Then we can move on from there...

(thats why people think you have a BIG head, however, they're not all like me who'd tell you straight in your face)

Now type these words : "I was wrong"

Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 02:02 pm
I'll do that immediately after you write:

I am a Jew-hater.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 02:04 pm
For somebody who consistently rants about Jews, claims that Zionists have taken over the United States government, who claims that the September 11th attacks were a part of a government conspiracy--it is really hilarious to see you rant about who or who is not wrong.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 02:05 pm
Setanta wrote:
I'll do that immediately after you write:

I am a Jew-hater.

Laughing This is further proof of your big-headedness.

You've just proved me right. Thanks! Smile
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 02:06 pm
Setanta wrote:
For somebody who consistently rants about Jews, claims that Zionists have taken over the United States government, who claims that the September 11th attacks were a part of a government conspiracy--it is really hilarious to see you rant about who or who is not wrong.

Care to read the thread title again...troll ? ? Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 02:06 pm
So, you are not yet willing to honestly admit that you hate and fear Jews.

I'm not surprised.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 02:10 pm
Setanta wrote:
So, you are not yet willing to honestly admit that you hate and fear Jews.

I'm not surprised.

One you admit that you're wrong. I'll explain the difference between - Zionism and Antisemitism.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 02:10 pm
Zippo wrote:
Care to read the thread title again...

No need, i noticed immediately that you took to opportunity to crawl out from under your rock to spew your favorite antisemitic hatred--the title of the thread, indeed. Now, look in the mirror and repeat:

Quote:
. . . troll . . . Laughing
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 02:12 pm
Still waiting for you to admit that you were WRONG!!! Very Happy
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 02:13 pm
I'm still waiting for you to admit you hate Jews.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 02:20 pm
Setanta wrote:
I'm still waiting for you to admit you hate Jews.

I asked you first and my question is more relevant to this topic.

Your question, is only to get me back for making you look like a fool.
(ad hominem attack)

Come on its easy, type : "I WAS WRONG"
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 02:24 pm
The question is completely relevant, because you first made your appearance in this thread to claim that a holocaust denier was persecuted and denied freedom of speech, and attempted to compare that to the Rushdie case. Your object is the same tedious crap you always peddle, that Jews don't get criticized, or, if they do, those who criticize are silenced or punished.

It's not an argumentum ad hominem if it's true. So long as you continue to dodge the question, you only confirm that you hate Jews.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 02:51 pm
Setanta wrote:
The question is completely relevant, because you first made your appearance in this thread to claim that a holocaust denier was persecuted and denied freedom of speech, and attempted to compare that to the Rushdie case. Your object is the same tedious crap you always peddle, that Jews don't get criticized, or, if they do, those who criticize are silenced or punished.

It's not an argumentum ad hominem if it's true. So long as you continue to dodge the question, you only confirm that you hate Jews.

You just stink of hypocrisy. Either you believe in freedom of speech or you do not. Only a liar would believe that David Irving's freedom wasn't suppressed (It had been reported in the media). Rushdie was rewarded for insulting 1.5 billion muslims. Its as simple as that. And antisemitism in only in your head. Nothing that i have said comes close to antisemitism.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 03:20 pm
You puke up antisemitism all the time, which is why you have brought up David Irving in a thread about Rushdie. How do you know that Rushdie "insulted 1.5 billion Muslims?" What is your basis for the claim that every Muslim in the world took affront to his book?

David Irving's freedom of expression was not repressed--you are seriously misrepresenting the truth, which is par for the course. Irving lost civil suits for libel which he brought himself against defendants whom he accused of libel for writing about him as a holocaust-denier, and an antisemitic racist. So Irving was not persecuted, he brought the whole mess down on his own pointy little head. In the final ruling, Mr. Justice Sir Charles Grey wrote:

Irving has for his own ideological reasons persistently and deliberately misrepresented and manipulated historical evidence; that for the same reasons he has portrayed Hitler in an unwarrantedly favourable light, principally in relation to his attitude towards and responsibility for the treatment of the Jews; that he is an active Holocaust denier; that he is anti-Semitic and racist, and that he associates with right-wing extremists who promote neo-Nazism.

No one stopped Irving from publishing his bilge, and the price he paid he paid because he was stupid enough to sue people who called him just what he is--an antisemite. His stupidity in bringing the suit ruined him, because he had to pay the costs when he lost, and it bankrupted him. That's what you call your basic ironic justice.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 04:14 pm
Setanta wrote:
You puke up antisemitism all the time, which is why you have brought up David Irving in a thread about Rushdie...

I always stop reading after the first line of your rhetoric. No point going any further.

Thats all it takes to prove your ignorance.

Some one please tell me how this can be equated to antisemitism?

My original quote which mentions David Irving:

Quote:
"One British writer insults 6 million Jews, by writing books questioning the holocaust, goes to jail. Opening up a debate whether to make it a law."
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 04:32 pm
It is a lie that Irving went to jail for insulting six million Jews. Apart from the fact that the victims of the holocaust are beyond the reach of the insults of any petty racist, Irving was never prosecuted in England. In Austria and Germany, he was fined for making remarks which violated the holocaust denial laws, for which he was fined. He appealed, lost his appeal, and his fine was increased. When he went to Canada, he was deported back to the United Kingdom. Irving has brought all of his troubles onto his own head.

This thread was not about the denial of free expression. Zippy-boy comes here and starts whining about Irving, and lying about him as well, because he is obsessed with the Jews. Among his many antisemitic claims is that "the Jews" stifle all dissent about the holocaust, that they are "playing the race card." In the case of Irving, not only is he an antisemite, but he is a racist in general, and the evidence of it all came out in his failed attempt to sue for libel.

Zippy's remarks had nothing to do with the topic of this thread. He just couldn't resist another opportunity, as he saw it from his twisted point of view, to ride one of his favorite hobby horses.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 04:47 pm
Setanta wrote:
It is a lie that Irving went to jail for insulting six million Jews...

Once again it only takes the first line. The REAL lie is that i never said he was jailed because of his insults, you said it. 6 million Jews were clearly insulted because Israels PM said it on Fox News.

He goes to jail for 'questioning the holocaust'

Quote:
by writing books questioning the holocaust, goes to jail.

But you already knew thats what i ment.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 10:42 pm
Zippo wrote:
One British writer insults 6 million Jews, by writing books questioning the holocaust, goes to jail.

Here's the lie. Irving was not sent to jail, not in England, not in Austria, not in Germany, not in Italy and not in Canada. He lost a civil suit in England which he himself instituted for libel against people who said he was a holocaust denier and an racist--and he lost. He was fined in Austria and Germany, and was made persona non grata in Germany, Austria, Italy and Canada. Stupid man that he is, he actually went to Canada anyway, and was deported.

It is a lie that Irving went to jail, for whatever attempt you make to twist a statement about cause and effect.
0 Replies