[Resolved] Reporting a post-how do I know it is sent?

TTH

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 02:21 pm
What am I doing wrong?

I click on the report button in a post (top right hand corner).

That opens a window to report the post.

I click on "Please Select" and select one of the options.

I check the box below "Please Select" because if I don't, another window opens telling me to do it.

I click on the button "Send the Report" and get the following message:

"Your report has been sent.
We have received your report. In case we need to contact you, please make sure the email address listed in
your profile is valid. If it is not please update it. Not all reports are acted on so please respect that your interpretation
of the rules or your opinion might differ from that of the site staff. Please be patient and do not re-submit as
NO abuse of this feature will be tolerated. To protect the privacy of our members do not expect to receive
an answer about what action was taken."

In the past I received a ticket in my email confirming that the report was sent. I am no
longer receiving those. I contacted help about that (different issue). Out of curiousity, I logged into my account through
the help desk and none of the reports on any post that I have reported are there.

Has there been a change I am not aware of?
Where are the reports going?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,059 • Replies: 35
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 04:50 pm
Something seems to be amiss. I always get a ticket by e-mail, acknowledging receipt of the report within moments of having sent the report. Always.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 05:40 pm
I just reported you.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 06:02 pm
How would we know? Click on help and post your question if you still wonder.

I don't understand why "your report has been sent" is not enough information for you.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 06:36 pm
I think I remember someone complaining about this before (don't remember enough about it to do a decent search, sorry) and it turned out that the replies were going to the person's junk mail folder.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 06:38 pm
TT, you're not allow to report anything or anybody, ever.

We all decided that at our monthly meeting long ago.

The vote was unanimous
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 06:42 pm
Gee, I've been on this site for years and I've never reported anyone. I must be missing all the fun stuff.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 06:42 pm
vast right wing conspiracy.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 06:47 pm
You're limited to 76 reports a month, that's why your last one didn't go through.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 06:52 pm
TTH isn't satisfied with just reporting people, in her spare time, she encourages others to report people who posted humorus remarks about them.

Ok, listen to this everybody...this is really funny...

TTH told me that if she was me, she'd report slappy for trying to sell my credit.

Report...slappy....o....k.....

ahew....
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 06:53 pm
Im going to report you Chai.
Making fun of someone is " an attack on a member"

just because slappy cant keep his member below the desk, doesnt mean you can make fun of it.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 06:53 pm
I stopped getting e-mail confirmations, too. I just figured my "I don't need an e-mail so please stop sending them" vibes finally penetrated my screen and found its way to Hamster 2339852. That IS the one that does e-mail correspondence, right?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 06:55 pm
I only report SPAM. Since I'm an early riser, I tend to see quite a bit in the mornings. Pretty sure I have never reported an attack on a member.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 06:56 pm
What sozobe said earlier sounds true. Some e-mail confirmations get treated as "junk mail" by some e-mail filters.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 07:00 pm
Well, I had some levels of trouble corresponding with hamsters for about six months with my aged old a2k email. Also, a not so aged old a2k email, the hamsters always willing to engage. I got another freebie email, and voila, I connect and they do too. (Never any trouble just posting.)

However, I abominate that new email site - it is so protected, it takes me nine hours to read the emails and so I just delete them all, thus negating communication.

Don't whine to me, Argentina....

my problem had nothing to do with junk mail.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 07:50 pm
all you beeyatches can report me...... I don't give a rats ass....
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 09:12 pm
Yup, Squinney and I are reporting all the spam that arrives in the wee hours. I always get an e-mail confirmation.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 09:43 pm
Roberta wrote:
Yup, Squinney and I are reporting all the spam that arrives in the wee hours. I always get an e-mail confirmation.

That is what I am talking about. I report the spam and don't get an email confirmation when in the past I did. I didn't know if anyone else was having the same problem by not getting confirmation emails on spam reports or if the help desk is even getting the ones I report. It appears they are not receiving the ones I report. I tried the test section and reported myself and that didn't work. Some of your responses are funny btw Laughing

The email is working because if I go through the help desk I do receive emails (that was the other issue- whether that was working)

I shouldn't have to use the "contact us" to report spam. That is what the report button is for. So, now what?
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 09:53 pm
ossobuco wrote:
How would we know? Click on help and post your question if you still wonder.

I don't understand why "your report has been sent" is not enough information for you.
It would be ossobuco if they are receiving the reports. Why waste my time reporting spam if the hamsters don't get the
report. I mainly just report spam but if the reports are not getting through I am not going to report the spam anymore. What would be the point.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 10:46 pm
Geez, give it a rest.
0 Replies