Help!! Major Prob with my PC

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 01:38 pm
Hello, this morning when i turned my pc on. the mouse wouldnt work....so i did all kinds of things to try and make it work again. I did manage to get it working, but now my windows xp pro is all messed up. I have no task bar with the start menu thing. the internet wont work....it seems everything is ,ostly different. I've tried starting in safe mode, and restarting, and using the xp disc....i dont know how to fix this. I thought if i used the xp disc it would reinstall missing files or whatever it needs. Does anybody know what may be going on?

Thank you!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 667 • Replies: 2
No top replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 03:02 pm
Bumping mostly, because I'm no Timber. But: There should be a windows button on the bottom left hand side of your keyboard. Hit that... then "Settings", then "Taskbar and start menu". Try toggling the auto hide feature of the task bar off and on. If that doesn't work: Accessories->System Tools->System Restore should return your system to a time before the problem began. Good Luck!
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 03:12 pm
Thanks Occom,

I managed to get some sort of tool bar on the bottom with a weird start button.....its not the usual one though i've never seen anything like it. It let me system retore once, but now wont let me do it again......it seems to be missing major windows files I think......
0 Replies