AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

patiodog

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 10:41 am
hmmmmmmm........

i noticed in chicago that i encountered a great deal more casual expressions anti-semitism than i was accustomed to, and from sources i generally would have considered unlikely. (i.e. the supposedly buddhist daughter of two university profs referring to somebody as "a dirty little jew.") encountered a great deal more bigotry of many kinds than i was accustomed to, though -- at least, i wasn't use to it being spoken, loudly and without shame. (not much about "the mexicans," though, which you hear all the time in california.)

i don't wear lipstick and i have owned auto repair manuals (though none at present). also, i have two dogs, volunteer at the humane society, and have lesbians over to the house about as often as any other type of person. am i a lesbian? (parallel question -- what is the reverse-gendered equivalent of a "fag hag" (please excuse the term if it bothers you; i did not invent it)?)

growing up in rural northern-central calif, we had the nyah-nyah and the neener-neener varieties, though the latter was usually heard as part of the witty couplet "neener-neener-neeeeeeeeener / got no weeeeener", while the former, without exception, stood on it's own.

everybody's got at least one thing about them which somebody else can't stand, if you dig far enough, i think. it's a question of balance and priorities, i guess. the gf is probably too intolerant of these qualities, i am probably too forgiving. (but after a certain point i can be ruthlessly unforgiving. i've a family member or two who generally disgust me with their attitudes -- occasionally they'll say something that makes me recognize their humanity and i'm taken aback. i dunno. i know a guy, a public defender, who sees the scum of the earth on a daily basis, even defended a serial killer one time, and maintains that every single person he's ever defended has some redeeming qualities. weird, that -- that somebody who was taken into court in a metal cage can also be quite the conversationalist. people are weird, weird monkeys...)
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 04:32 pm
Thank god! I can stop holding my breath! {gasp gasp gasp}

Welcome to the Midwest, pdog!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 04:41 pm
er, thankeeeeee swimpeeeeeeeeee...

please, breathe freely whenever you feel the need.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 08:53:11