AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

littlek

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 07:35 pm
I was just joking Frank - I knew it would be something a bit racy and wouldn't have opened it if I had one of the kids around.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 07:38 pm
these are disgusting butts

http://www.bloomington.in.us/~ibclark/butts.jpg

(err, Craven, if yer around - why are the posts in topic review about 10 posts back until I hit refresh?)
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 09:24 pm
Beth, sounds like it's loading the page from cache until you hit refresh. Clear your browser's cache & it should stay current from then on.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 09:52 pm
If I understand it correctly, cache is stuff that's been saved in my system. These were posts I hadn't seen before. Looks like it's not happening now though. Thanks for the suggestion though, Monger.

I was just wondering about you - heard about earthquakes in Japan on the overnight news.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 10:48 pm
Beth, you do know that in the review section the newsest posts are at the top right? With the older ones at the bottom and such.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 10:58 pm
Craven - for a couple of hours - starting at work, and then continuing when I first got home - I was getting older posts at the top of review when I went to reply. I'm fairly tuned in to the review box since I'm addicted to word association - and you have to stay on top of changes there. Since I was on different computers - one which is cleared nightly, and one which I 'clean' manually on a daily basis, I was fairly sure it wasn't related to the puters or connections. Whatever it was, shook itself out. Which is all to the good.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 11:02 pm
That "refresh" feature is one I made. I didn't think a single person used it. I might even package it off for others to use on their boards.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 11:09 pm
..Yeah I think that earthquake hit while I was sleeping.
If a massive one ever hits Tokyo I'm gonna be in deep doodoo 'cause I'm so used to ignoring tremors. I swear I won't think it's getting serious until I see lights falling off ceilings or asphalt doing the wave & such..

Beth, one that happens to me sometimes is that because Able2Know is actually always loading the same files (viewtopic.php, search.php & posting.php mostly--these files query a database for the posts themselves), sometimes my own browser does the stuff you described where old posts are shown until I hit refresh. If it ever happens again for ya, try getting rid of cached pages & that should take care of it.

---
Craven, I like that feature a lot......I use it frequently.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 11:10 pm
i'm pretty sure that others in the never-ending movie title thread are pretty careful to hit review/refresh to avoid getting whacked by the Grand Vizier.

i started using it as i'm so very obedient - and the directions to do so are there! i figure if you're telling us to do it, that would be the smart thing to do. of course, i'm the one who couldn't figure out that the search feature (which i haven't used) was what MapleLeaf meant when he talked about 'query'.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 11:22 pm
Back to a few pages back, I haaaave been bitten by a goose, it was in my path walking through the canal walks in Venice (CA) on one of my old routine walks. I didn't want to whack its lil head, and hurt it, and it didn't want to let me by, bite, bite, and I was busy laughing my head off. Finally I ran around it, still laughing.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 11:27 pm
LOL, it's cool. I was gonna leave it off of the new version because I really thought it was just another one of my dumb "features".

I wonder if anyone uses the copy post to clipboard mod. That's the only one I actually released with proper documentation.

BTW, press shift while reloading to force a no cache (in most browsers).
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 11:44 pm
mild irritation
<...fume...>
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 07:42 am
craven - as i recall, wilso regularly used/uses the clipboard method. i remember him recommending it to others. i know that hamburger uses it as well - he's worked out some modification where he loads the clipboard, goes offline - types out his answer - goes back online and posts. He doesn't have unlimited access during the week so this is a way he worked out to save his minutes.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 07:44 am
sofia - if the fumes are strong, you may want to consider a ventilator.

(have i been spending too much time at renovation forums?)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 08:18 am
Sofia - maybe try lactaid? {heehee}
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 07:21 pm
Sofia

Does the word "augmentation" have any special significance for you?
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 07:26 pm
Bastids!
I thought this was the 'venting' forum, where I could feel free to fume.

(How did you know I was lactose intolerant?)

I'm cutting one in your honor... Confused Embarrassed Shocked Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 07:29 pm
<<snort>>
<<hic>>
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 07:29 pm
<gag>
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 11:18 am
cough, cough, cough...
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 05:58:57