New York Times
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,107 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 08:46 am
And we should give a rat's ass if that goofy loser is in Albania why?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 08:51 am
Just reviewing the events of the day, boss.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 08:53 am
OK . . . keep up the, uhm, "good" work, Boss.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 09:19 am
Quote:
On Sunday, all that love poured in Mr. Bush's direction, and when the president jumped out of his limousine during a stop near the prime minister's villa in the town of Fusche Kruje, the crowd, chanting "BOOSH-Y! BOOSH-Y!" went wild, turning a presidential visit into a virtual mosh pit.

Hands were reaching for the president from all directions, grabbing his sleeves, rubbing his graying hair. Women kissed him on both cheeks. Men jostled to get close to him, as Secret Service agents encircled him.

Great. I guess Brandon could easily pass for an Albanian. That's awesome.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 07:14 pm
Isnt the world a great place, when ever Bush is loved somewhere?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 07:19 pm
Hope he emmigrates there, and soon.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 01:39 am
The snide comments on this thread neglect the fact that Albanians were all over W. Are Albanians, in general, idiots? Do they not have the subtle insight of such stalwart minds as Setanta and Nimh?

This ill regard of other nationalities smacks of the perceived xenophobia of W's ilk.

Good lord, can it be that Setanta and Nimh only respect other nation's collective opinions when they conincide with their own, and find no favor in America and its President?

But then it's so cool to trash America and W --- who can blame them?

(Now comes Setanta's protestations of patriotism and Nimhs declaration of perspective. Oh yeah,and somewhere in the bushes is edgar.)
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 04:10 am
<ignores Finn's feeble last sentence-attempt to preempt the comments inevitably slamming his lame rhetorics>

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
The snide comments on this thread neglect the fact that Albanians were all over W. Are Albanians, in general, idiots? Do they not have the subtle insight of such stalwart minds as Setanta and Nimh?

This ill regard of other nationalities smacks of the perceived xenophobia of W's ilk.

Good Lord indeed. Talk about being intentionally obtuse..

No, there's nothing wrong with Albanians.. If I were an Albanian I'd love W. too. The US liberated the Kosovars from oppression and persecution. Tribal distinctions between Dems and Reps are about as irrelevant to Albanians as they were to us back then when the GIs and their Canadian allies liberated Holland in WW2. They're just grateful to the Americans - period. I'd be too, if I were them.

And thats pretty much all there is to that...
0 Replies