Music & Lyrics - The Worst Film of 2007?

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 06:10 am
Yes I think so.

Possibly even the worst film of the last ten years?!

It was so bad, it wasn't even good.

Hugh Grant (and maybe even Drew Barrymore) must've known, as they were reading the dialogue, that it was shite.

But yet they carried on in the name of greed.

Shame on you!

Anyone else seen this pile of crap?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 822 • Replies: 13
No top replies

CowDoc

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 02:40 pm
Never even heard of it. Then again, I rarely watch movies, as almost all I have seen in recent years have looked pretty crappy to me. They all seem mass-produced to meet an established formula for profit. Where are Monty Python when we really need them?
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 03:03 am
Yep, you're right cowdoc. Not gonna waste the money in future.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 03:28 am
Ahhhhhh! I liked it.Admittedly not the most original storyline but I loved the song and its great if you want to switch your brain off and just watch a lovely story.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 03:40 am
You are a born romantic MG aren't you?

Didn't it make you cringe?

Especially at the end when he sings the song and everyone is smiling at each other.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 01:48 am
Romance is fantasy, hence perfect for make believe films.
I just thik its nice that we get a contrast of films, if you want to watch people getting slashed to pieces, go watch another film.
If you want to feel gooey, just look for a Hug Grant film.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 05:46 pm
Haven't seen it and it's not on the top of my list, but the major critics mostly liked it:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/music_and_lyrics/

Could not be the worst film of 2007 if you saw all the films. Try watching "Ghost Rider" -- half way through, I spit on it, put it back into the NetFlix envelope and put it out for the postman. I had Shrimp Scampi with lots of garlic for dinner. Hope it gasses them. Oh, well, I rented it.

The expression is "it was so bad it was good." Not sure how that works the other way around.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 05:54 pm
Re: Music & Lyrics - The Worst Film of 2007?
Dorothy Parker wrote:
It was so bad, it wasn't even good.

I like that, actually.. playing on the regular expression like that. Think I'm gonna coin it.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 06:57 pm
I also like the sports announcer who states on Friday regarding the weekend games, "No upsets are expected." Or the film reviewer who states, "Don't miss it if you can." There are others.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 07:00 pm
All romantic comedies starring Hugh Grant or Drew Barrymore or Adam Sandler or Julia Roberts or Meg Ryan inspire me to projectile vomit straight into the air and then catch it in my mouth.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 07:17 pm
Imagine how Hugh would feel if he knew he played such a key role in your sexual kinks!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 08:04 pm
If someone is vomiting during sex they should be more careful picking out their partners.
0 Replies

YellowRosebud

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 02:01 pm
I am a fan of romantic comedies. I love them all! I love Hugh Grant, Julia Roberts, Kate Hudson, all of them. But I must agree with you and say that Music & Lyrics was the exception. I actually fell asleep in the theater.
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 03:41 am
Deffo not my kind of film and,thanks to your replys,this aint gonna be slapped into my DVD player.Thanks folks Smile .
0 Replies