I never liked Roger

Roberta

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 10:18 pm
Work. Driving. Good things. (Except maybe for the work part.) Glad to hear you're making progress, kid.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 10:20 pm
Working!?!? That's rotten!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 10:58 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
That really sounds not bad at all, roger. I mean, you even get money for it, to have some people to talk to. :wink:

True, true, and true, Walter, but remember, at work there's not a lot of choice in who to talk to.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 11:01 pm
Right. But you still have osso for your late night talk :wink:
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 03:54 am
Are we still talking about Roger for chrissakes??

For the love of mike/
for crying out loud
for pity's sake..

Joe(Let's move on)Nation
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 04:55 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Are we still talking about Roger for chrissakes??

Some even with Roger, judas priest.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 08:17 am
Sounds like you're mending fast, Roger. Good to hear!
Five weeks isn't really all that long, considering your injuries.
Do you feel ready to go back to work?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 02:17 pm
I don't feel ready to go back to work at all, but then, I never did. And that's 5 weeks out of the hospital plus 3weeks in the hospital.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 04:54 pm
Are you able to return part-time in the beginning?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 10:36 pm
roger wrote:
I don't feel ready to go back to work at all, but then, I never did. And that's 5 weeks out of the hospital plus 3weeks in the hospital.

Surprised Gosh, 8 weeks already! It doesn't seem nearly that long ago, Roger. (Though, for you, it's probably felt like an eternity!)

And good luck for Monday!
I hope it's not too wearing for you.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 11:02 pm
That's the plan, JPB, and since I'm salaried, any part of the day will probably be paid for the entire day. Glad the 4th falls on midweek this year. I bet I'm going to need a break in the middle of the week, and wouldn't be doing anything on a three day weekend.

What a joy!. I had to spring for three new pair of pants to make up for the loss of size. Would have gotten more, but I'll not delude myself. Those lost pounds are about due to be recovered.

It's very odd about the perception of time, Msolga. In a way, it doesn't seem that long to me either, and why can't I walk without a cane? The hours seem to last forever and the weeks just fly on by.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 11:15 pm
roger wrote:
It's very odd about the perception of time, Msolga. In a way, it doesn't seem that long to me either, and why can't I walk without a cane? The hours seem to last forever and the weeks just fly on by.

Yes, this time thing is a real worry, Roger. Here was I thinking you'd made this amazingly fast recovery .....

But time appears to go faster as folk get older, we're told. Now I'm feeling quite disoriented & positively ancient! Laughing
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 01:25 am
roger wrote:
That's the plan, JPB, and since I'm salaried, any part of the day will probably be paid for the entire day. ...

The health insurance/social insurance pays here the rest of those hours you don't work, e.g. you start with 4/day for tdays/weeks and then go up after some time - or work less.
(Admittingly, the start is different as well: in cases like yours, roger, you would have got four, most probably six weeks in a rehabilitation clinic [like one of those here at my place] and then start with above.)
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 03:34 am
You're going to have to be ready for all the fawning all over you that they are going to do at your workplace.

Joe(yes. even the people who were hoping to take your job)Nation
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 01:19 am
Waiting to hear about your response to your first day back on the job, Roger .... that is, if you're not too tired to post! I think I might be, in similar circumstances!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 02:17 am
msolga wrote:
Waiting to hear about your response to your first day back on the job, Roger .... that is, if you're not too tired to post! I think I might be, in similar circumstances!

Roger's back at WORK?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell all!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 07:04 pm
while it's true I never liked roger, i bean thinking we could pick up some t-bone steaks and yukon potatoes and meet up with roger at Chaco canyon for a nice dinner as long as he promised to leave early to go home to his frickin' cats. (maybe in sept)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 09:30 pm
Four to six weeks in the rehab hospital, Walter? I would have gone stir crazy, but I have to admit I was a little bit scared about performing some functions all by myself, but it worked out pretty well. And thanks for the call this evening.

Yes, Deb, Roger is back at work, and he isn't liking it one bit. Ain't hunger a prime Motivator.

Insurance seems to have done quite well on medical expenses. I may start a separate thread on the topic, because the hospital's statement was food for some serious thought.

Bob, I don't know if September is far enough away that I would be able to tolerate that washboard road, but the steaks sound good. They were the last time we were there, proving that you can indeed have a good steak prepared well done.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 09:42 pm
Well done, f'ck.

Oh, but wait, sending you some steaks by airplane....
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 12:58 am
roger wrote:
Bob, I don't know if September is far enough away that I would be able to tolerate that washboard road, but the steaks sound good. They were the last time we were there, proving that you can indeed have a good steak prepared well done.

Well, roger that's why I suggest May on the phone :wink:
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 02:30:38