I never liked Roger

Diane

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 04:42 pm
Boidy, sorry you're disappointed in Fred's inability to bite and poop at the same time. It is obvious that you have no idea of the concetration required to do one or the other.

Have you ever seen a baby doing a job in his diaper? I'm telling you, it's that kind of uber concentration.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 10:25 pm
Diane, I've have five birds in my life. Witnessed pooping and biting. I think maybe Fred is an underachiever in this respect. I'm sure he has other fine qualities.

Enough with the boid stuff.

Hey, Roger. How you doin'? Better? Less pain?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 10:55 pm
Like always, better, but not good. There is less pain, but the pain I'm in tonight is NOW. The pain I felt at the same time yesterday may have been greater, but that's yesterday's pain.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 11:14 pm
Roger, I understand what you're saying. Wish there was something that could make things better for you. Don't wanna say that all you need is time. You're living in the now, experiencing what you're experiencing now. Sure you'll feel better in time, but what about NOW?

Do you still have pain medication? Doesn't it help?

Feeling angry and frustrated for you. I'm with ya, kid.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 11:21 pm
Roger, my wish is that the pain becomes considerably less for you, before too much longer.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 08:14 am
Fred, the underacheiver, sniff, likes Roger very much but would never say so unless you count the ear-shattering screeches in Roger's presence.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 03:31 pm
Clearly, when Fred (the bird, not the shirt) gets up in the morning, it's time for everyone to get up
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 03:37 am
So how you doin', Rog? Any better?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 08:13 am
Ohmmmmmmm......
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 07:31 pm
Better all the time, and still not ready to drive or go to work. I must have been a total basket case when I started.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 09:32 pm
I'm reading Tony Hillerman's latest whodunit right now and think of you each time places like Farmington and Gallup and Chaco Canyon are mentioned, Roger. You are so lucky to have such beauty around you. And I'm so glad the 'ommmmms' seem to be helping.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 09:37 pm
mmmmm....chaco.....mmmmmm.....
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 01:13 pm
Littlek, Roger met us at Chaco a couple of years ago. Maybe at the winter solstice, we could all meet there. A little dreaming never hurts, but it might still hurt Rog, so let's just plan it in our imaginations.

Dys was there in winter many years ago and found himself all alone (this was before there was a ranger station or designated camping spots). It snowed overnight and he said that it was one of the most beautiful sights he'd ever seen.

I will sometimes imagine being there alone with all the spirits, watching the snow fall and dreaming ancient dreams.

One of these days, let's do it.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 06:14 pm
Chaco sounds like a great meeting place, with one big disadvantage. You can't reserve a campsite, and the nearest motels are in Bloomfield.

Oh, hey! I drove my car today. Also yesterday. It's kind of rough, but ever so mech better than counting on friends for transportation. There is also some public transportation available, but subject to availability and planning everything a day ahead.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 06:17 pm
Driving! That's great, roger!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 06:43 pm
Oh, good! Every day.... a little bit better.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 08:37 pm
And Monday, I'll be Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad working.

It's hard to believe I've been home for 5 weeks without going stir crazy. Anyway, I've discovered that I have some sort of need to be with people, or at least have people to talk to. Poor Osso, having to put up with my late night phone calls.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 08:40 pm
Waves hand...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 09:20 pm
I haven't heard her complaining, roger.

Congrats on being up and about. Too bad it's back to work but the social side of work is a fringe benefit that many use as a reason to show up each day.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 10:12 pm
That really sounds not bad at all, roger. I mean, you even get money for it, to have some people to talk to. :wink:
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.08 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 05:02:35