Cats...why do they DO it?

Shapeless

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 11:38 pm
dlowan wrote:

I forget who said it, but someone once said something like, "Cats are proof that not everything in nature has a purpose."
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 11:50 pm
At least you know where the goop is. My cat usually does it in the middle of the night., no pre-warning caterwauling, just the retching that makes me bolt out of bed and *splat* step right in it.

(Some night I'll learn to turn the light on.)

Then she curls up beside me and starts purring, and all is right with the world again. Dogs! pffffffffffffffft! Dogs can't purr.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 11:51 pm
Thomas and BPbear should just leave. A cat thread is beyond them. Phtt.

Cats are here to commune. Most of us know they are communicable and that they will eventually take over our minds just as Dante has taken over Dys' mind. He sits in the doorway to the bedroom, stares at Dys and soon wakens Dys, no matter how soundly he was sleeping. I'm amused, Dys is confused and Dante is smug as only a cat can be, having achieved his goal of cat over human.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 11:58 pm
Diane wrote:

Cats are here to commune. Most of us know they are communicable and that they will eventually take over our minds just as Dante has taken over Dys' mind. He sits in the doorway to the bedroom, stares at Dys and soon wakens Dys, no matter how soundly he was sleeping. I'm amused, Dys is confused and Dante is smug as only a cat can be, having achieved his goal of cat over human.

cats suck. they should all die.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 12:00 am
cats like george bush, dick cheney and McGentrix.....
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 12:02 am
NO< NO bear, cats just use the likes of shrub, Cheney and whatchamacallit.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 02:14 am
Shapeless wrote:
dlowan wrote:

I forget who said it, but someone once said something like, "Cats are proof that not everything in nature has a purpose."

Nonsense.

Cats know the purpose of nature is them.

Tico wrote:
At least you know where the goop is. My cat usually does it in the middle of the night., no pre-warning caterwauling, just the retching that makes me bolt out of bed and *splat* step right in it.

(Some night I'll learn to turn the light on.)

Then she curls up beside me and starts purring, and all is right with the world again. Dogs! pffffffffffffffft! Dogs can't purr.

Know where it is?

If I'd let her, she'd do it ON me, clearly as a precious gift, a pearl without price!

Aaaaaah....the purr...........dogs so cannot make with the purr.

Diane wrote:

Heh heh......yes, I know the stare.

One of mine, if I slept, or pretended to, through the stare, would lift an eyelid with the most delicate of paws.

One day, I grabbed the paw, and gave it a nip.

She...a wee scrap of a kitten, sitting on my chest, drew herself up like an outraged queen, slapped my face with a miniscule paw, and stalked off in high dudgeon.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 02:27 am
My MIL has cat grass in a pot. Specially designed for cats this stuff is, helps cats digest their food and restock their systems with live enzymes and other wanky stuff. Seed available at pet stores.

But you probably knew that already.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 02:55 am
Diane wrote:

Got it. I'll go seek some love and harmony in a political thread now.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 07:45 am
Thomas wrote:
Diane wrote:

perfect.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 08:06 am
There may yet be a hairball in your future, Deb. We used to have a cat that would mow the freaking yard when he needed to get rid of a hairball. Most times we'd get a few upchucks of just grass and then he mow the yard some more and heave up the grass until such time as the hairball finally came out. Then we'd have to go back to mowing the grass ourselves.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 08:07 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Diane wrote:

perfect.

We'll miss you.

Ferkin' cat haters....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 08:48 am
dlowan wrote:
farmerman wrote:
I also hate that word "quotidian" its so nimious

You think you're smart, don't you Baldrick?

It could have been worse, FM. If her cat did it at sundown, she could have written crepuscular.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 08:51 am
You know, I suspect they do it as a last ditch attempt to get our full attention, when all else has failed. Works like a charm, too!
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 08:51 am
We spit on cat haters. Ptoooiii.

Hairballs ~ Maybe I'm just lucky but I heard about this preventative years ago and have not had a hairball since: give the cat a little oil once in a while. Butter, olive oil, etc., whatever they like (and they do like it). Myself, I use organic food-grade coconut oil on my skin before bed, so my cats get a little bit of that each night.
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 08:52 am
But it doesn't stop the grass'n'bile soup.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 08:54 am
Tico wrote:

That's okay, but no grass and no hair please.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 09:04 am
Setanta wrote:
dlowan wrote:
farmerman wrote:

It could have been worse, FM. If her cat did it at sundown, she could have written crepuscular.

Yeppers, darn tootin'.....

And, if at sunrise, Aurora or rosy fingered dawn woulda got in there.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 09:04 am
Tico wrote:

We do!

Ptoooiii!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 09:08 am
dlowan wrote:
Setanta wrote:
dlowan wrote:
farmerman wrote:

Yeppers, darn tootin'.....

And, if at sunrise, Aurora or rosy fingered dawn woulda got in there.

I got so sick of damned ol' rosy fingered dawn (Eos), that i threw down The Odyssey in disgust. That, and "then they laid their hands on the good things that were there for them to eat." Always made me hungry, so i'd put the book down, and go rummage in the fridge.
0 Replies