The Universe, Expanding Beyond All Understanding

g day

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2007 11:09 pm
As a scientific type - I'd prefer scale relativity and there inherent fractal universe for all spacetime to a multiverse.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 11:28 am
Is the scientific notion of the multiverse (with numerous big bangs and black holes?) a model that has some kind of empirical support, or is it all mathematical conjecture, a kind of scientific metaphysics" (which would be fine with me).
0 Replies

akaMechsmith

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 06:35 pm
JL,

The multiverse or sequential universes seems to me to be the only one that works within the observable dimensions. However it takes a bit more time than the popular "Big Bang-Expanding Universe scenario. Due to the mechanical limitations of light we'll probably never know Crying or Very sad

Joe,
If you trace the BB-EU scenario down down to it's very beginning with Edwin Hubble I think that you would be surprised to find what a shaky foundation the theory actually is built upon.

For instance you may wonder why the "Hubble Constant" isn't.

You may also wonder how two celestial objects that obviously interact can have such differences in their "Red Shifts".

To a Mechanic like myself either of those unexplicable observations is a "deal breaker". Something is wrong with either the observations or the theory. Yet it is being preached as Gospel. About right IMO :wink:
0 Replies