The Last Thing You Put In Your Mouth....

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 03:23 pm
@Sturgis,
We just returned from Paneras from lunch. Turkey sandwich with cranberries. Too bad, they don't have flavored iced tea that I prefer over soft drinks with too much sugar; I had the root beer.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2019 03:35 am
Chocolate chip cookies and blue ribbon vanilla ice cream.
farmerman

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2019 04:53 am
@Builder,
I just got up an Im eating a bowl of "Cotton Candy" grapes cold from the fridge.
Builder

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2019 03:40 am
@farmerman,
We're officially "off tap" while we host wedding functions, meaning no beer for a few days.

It's my way of getting my sugar high.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2019 11:06 am
My wife and I had breakfast at Denny's and enjoyed their special $4 grand slam with pancakes, two eggs with bacon. It's the best deal in town.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 07:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
A cup of chili I made yesterday.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 08:00 pm
@glitterbag,
We had some store bought sushi for dinner with some hot green tea.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 11:49 am
@cicerone imposter,
Mug of skim milk.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 02:31 pm
@tsarstepan,
My sister, brother and brother-in-law came to share lunch together at Fresh Tomato in Sunnyvale. They came at 11am, and just left for home to Lodi and Elk Grove (1:25pm). My brother who is a doctor said, he's still working to help his grandchild attend dental school ($90k/year). I'm the last one in our family to get a college degree, and the first one to retire (in 1998).
glitterbag

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 03:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yikes, $90k a year......where is he going to school?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2019 02:28 pm
Chocolate cookie, glutenless
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2019 06:49 am
@Sturgis,
Lowfat chocolate milk
Sturgis

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2019 12:09 pm
@tsarstepan,
Salami and Swiss cheese with onions
glitterbag

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2019 12:53 pm
@Sturgis,
I haven't had a nice salami Sammy in years.

I had a cup of yogurt....tres boring
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2019 01:01 pm
@Sturgis,
Swiss cheese is something we never have, it sometimes makes an appearance in American food chains but other than that I wouldn't know. I suppose there's some somewhere on the supermarket shelf but I've not seen it. Then again our cheeses aren't distinguished by country but by type, which normally means cheddar and anything that isn't cheddar. We eat a huge amount of cheddar.
chai2

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2019 10:11 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Salami and Swiss cheese with onions

That sounds really good.

Not gonna eat any bread, but I think I'll go do a little roll up with hard salami and havarti. I finished the Swiss (Tillamook) yesterday.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2019 10:17 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

American food chains

What foods do they serve in the American food restaurants there?

Oh. Emmental is what we call Swiss Cheese. Some tangy, some creamy, and in between.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2019 12:55 am
@chai2,
Burgers hot dogs, that sort of thing. I'm not running through a whole menu.

We do get Emmental cheese but I prefer this, it's Norwegian and has a nuttier taste.

https://cdn-a.william-reed.com/var/wrbm_gb_food_pharma/storage/images/5/3/9/7/507935-1-eng-GB/Jarlsberg-exports-will-become-unprofitable-if-Norwegian-subsidies-removed-TINE_wrbm_large.png
chai2

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2019 07:10 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Burgers hot dogs, that sort of thing. I'm not running through a whole menu.

Jesus. I wasn't asking you to.

I was just wondering what people in England thought "American Food" was.
So burgers and hotdogs, kinda what I figured. Although I don't know what "that sort of thing" means. What sort of thing?

That would be like me saying "English food is fish and chips. That sort of thing". You know, fish and chip like. Just like hamburgers, I don't think people in England eat F&C's every day, or several times a week.

Anyway. We also eat eat Jarlsberg cheese, and many others.

Americans generally don't call a cheese by the country is known to be made in. Swiss and American are the only 2 I can think of.

It's not like we call cheddar "English cheese" or gorgonzola "Italian cheese"

chai2

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2019 07:29 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Clam chowder (the tastier New England version)

Growing up in NJ, I only knew of the existence of Manhatten. Or rather I didn't know about New England until I saw it in a restaurant. I thought that was so exotic.
Wherever else I've been in this country that serves clam chowder, I May have seen Manhatten list once.

Now, I can't imagine really liking it.

0 Replies