The Last Thing You Put In Your Mouth....

margo

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 04:11 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

taste-testing tonight's birthday week treat for Set

roasted garlic Alfredo mashed potatoes

Shocked

oh my

those are tasty

Note to self: Plan next Toronto trip for around this time of year. Bring spuds!
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 04:41 pm
@margo,
A bowl of Everything Soup
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 05:58 pm
@margo,
I'll take care of the spuds. I'll do a feastival of spuds Smile
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 10:38 pm
@ehBeth,
Went to By The Bucket today in San Jose, and I had their bucket of steamed clams. Devoured every morsel with sour dough bread soaked in the juice. Sure did enjoy it.
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 10:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The clams sound wonderful.

Pellegrino water with a dab of apricot nectar
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 09:06 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
taste-testing tonight's birthday week treat for Set

roasted garlic Alfredo mashed potatoes

Shocked

oh my

those are tasty

Set polished them off for breakfast.

So much for my plan to make fish cakes.

Oh well, they were for his birthday.

__

having toast and tuna
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 09:34 am
@ehBeth,
I'm thawing two salmon potato fishcakes as we speak.. they're not in my mouth yet, still need to warm up.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 03:24 pm
raisin spice oatmeal with a small sliced apple and a bitta milk

about to have some

https://c3.q-assets.com/images/products/p/bhc/bhc-077c_1z.jpg
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2016 10:14 am
some homemade crackers - olive oil dough, rolled to thin and then covered with sesame, poppy, fennel, and cumin seeds pressed into the dough, and baked
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2016 01:09 pm
Cup of coffee (brewed at home)
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2016 02:13 pm
@glitterbag,
Went to the Mt View arts and crafts bazaar, and we bought a small succulent for our kitchen window. The trick is not to over water it.
Went to a Japanese restaurant not far from the bazaar, and I had the charshu with rice, and the Mrs had noodles. Brought half of it home for dinner.
farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2016 02:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
fresh radishes just pulled from the garden
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2016 02:24 pm
@farmerman,
I like daikon over the red radishes. I like it with a little soy sauce on it.
farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2016 05:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Daikon are jimmy- some- tasty- stuff aint they. However, I cant grow them , they need a longer temperate cold period (but not accompanied by freezing soil) they develop that nice mellow flavor that can be used in stir fries. I sometimes go down to Newark Del, they have several international markets where I can buy daikons, Jack Fruit (even Durian fruit if one were crazy enough to at those things)
We will sautee the slices of daikon together with fennel and garlic as a side dish. We use half sweet butter and half salty butter , you dont need a lot of salt to bring up that sautee's flavor.
Yep, daikon's the best radish on the planet, no arguments there.
Wish I could grow em.

Around here most gardeners dont realize the third season can carry us with fresh ground produce through early December. We do get a lte crop of snow peas .(They dont grow during the high light and hot temperature months) Those are our berry , corn, and tomto times.
farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2016 05:19 pm
@farmerman,
PS, just finished an OUTSHINE tangerine ice bar
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2016 05:29 pm
@farmerman,
About Durian fruit. When I visited Singapore on my first trip, a couple I met on a tour in England kept in touch, so I told them I wanted them to be my guest for dinner when I will be in Singapore. That's because while in London, I came down with the shingles, and Dr Lim had pain medication that he fed me throughout the tour. Well, they picked me up at my hotel, and took me to their beautiful home, and served me dinner! They offered the Darien fruit, but the smell was over powering, and refused it. Their son loved it.
On my second trip to Singapore, I insisted they be my guest for dinner. Luckily, a gentleman in our tour group who traveled extensively around the world knew some of the best restaurants in Singapore, so that's where I invited them.

We went to the Mt View art and craft bazaar this morning, and some of the vendors had tangerine, but my wife took a sample that was not sweet, so we didn't buy any.
farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 05:23 am
@cicerone imposter,
I was on a jitney in Taipei once ,I was heading from the business district back to my hotel (The Howard House) and some dude was "enjoying" a durian (is it spelled Darien in some areas?). The smell was gross and some people on the jitney were griping at the guy. You could see they were pissed. Its ok because I loved those fuzzy fruits (lychee?) and would buy bags of em and wash em with my fruit detergent , then as I walked around Id peel and eat them like we hoover down potato chips..
Builder

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 05:41 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I loved those fuzzy fruits (lychee?)

Rambutans. Lychees are flat leathery skins. Similar flesh and flavour.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 09:45 am
@farmerman,
I haven't seen lychee in a long time (you're not in California now), and miss them.

Hmmm, maybe at Talin Market (international), way across the city..
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 05:54 pm
licked a bit of honey off the lid of the honey jar

Embarrassed

yum

making tea