Win2k Domain Gurus!!!!

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2003 10:02 am
Where i work, we have two domains in a Parent/Child relationship. This problem started about 6-7 months ago when the SQL servers on the child domain were upgraded from 7.0 to SQL 2000 SP2.

The problem, is that sometimes in cannot browse the child domain either from my workstation, which is part of the parent domain but my login is part of the enterprise admin group, or from a workstation that is part of the child domain. I cannot browse using windows explorer or network neighborhood. There are times that i can though. I have DNS and WINS setup on both domains talking to each other. The are two domain controllers in each domain and they appear to be replicating domain changes when necessary. The trust relationshipe between the domains also appears to be in working order.

I am stumped on this problem. Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated.l
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,181 • Replies: 2
No top replies

inkedmn

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2003 11:44 am
what errors do you get when trying to browse the other domain?
0 Replies

blubomber

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2003 12:41 pm
I dont get any errors. If i am using windows explorer, then go to My Network Places (using windows 2000 Pro.), entire network, Micorsoft Networks, and try to brows the child domain from there, i dont get a list of available servers. Going from the same location, i can browse the parent domain with no problems. I was able to do this before.
0 Replies