Tammy Faye and the tabloids

RexRed

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 01:26 pm
I think it is appalling what the tabloids have done to Tammy Faye posting her health stricken picture on the front page of their gutter rags.

Is there nothing sacred to these left wing jerks? They stand to face a worse fate themselves. Let's hope time is kinder than they have been to her. Tammy has devoted nearly every breath of her life to God and we all have our own trials and tribulations to overcome.

It saddens me so much to see her in this state.

What the prideful self worshiping liberals don't get is that God has already saved her. But I have a question for you tabloid smut peddlers. Are your souls prepared to meet your maker? For it is the devil who attacks the bodies of these loving souls as has happened to Tammy. But she is in God's loving hands and has been for decades.

It is typical that the world looks to the outside of a person and are incapable of seeing the beauty of the image within that only God can create.

You will always be a star to me Tammy Faye.

God Bless you and praise the lord!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,585 • Replies: 34
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 01:30 pm
The tabloids are left wing? I don't read them, so I've no idea about tabloid politics.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 01:34 pm
ossobuco wrote:
The tabloids are left wing? I don't read them, so I've no idea about tabloid politics.

Ask yourself, would a conservative put a Christian woman stricken with cancer on the front page?

This was done in such disgustingly poor taste...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 04:33 pm
What about Elizabeth Edwards?

The news on Tammy Faye:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=3158524

I'd rather make the cover of a tabloid for dying of cancer than for being married to a crook--and profiting from his immoral earnings.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 04:42 pm
Liberal tabloids?? I guess you don't know who Rupert Murdock is. He had no problem plastering her ravaged face on his conservative NY tabloid and on Fox cable news. Do you think God keeps enough eyeliner around to keep her happy in Paradise?

Hey Rex - I have a question. I was watching TBN one day (it's like when you see a train wreck and can't look away) and they were showing 10,000 year old cave paintings that exist today in France and they were claiming the Jews painted them while wandering 40 years in the desert. I didn't know the Jews vacationed in France during the Exodus. Did I miss that passage in the Bible?
(If they were my relatives, they would have been painting in Miami)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 04:58 pm
I thought of Murdoch, but am not savvy about which tabloids (whatever) he owns... though I remember a recent effort to obtain the Wall St. Journal.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 05:10 pm
RexRed wrote:
ossobuco wrote:

Ask yourself, would a conservative put a Christian woman stricken with cancer on the front page?

Heh. Interesting circular logic.

[1] I believe that conservatives dont do tasteless or heartless things. [2] This person did something tasteless or heartless [3] Ergo, by definition he cannot be a conservative. (Must be a liberal.)
No information about the responsible person(s)' political views is ever needed... the belief is completely self-confirming. No need to even refer to anything checkable or provable or look-up-able.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 05:15 pm
she had no problem with plastering her pivture around while she and her husband (and strangely enough her second husband*) were screwing people out of their life savings

there's probably a few folks who want to know that her upcoming demise is a reality

* her second husband was one the ministries money men, who got some prison time for his role in the fiasco
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 05:17 pm
nimh wrote:
No information about the responsible person(s)' political views is ever needed... the belief is completely self-confirming. No need to even refer to anything checkable or provable or look-up-able.

Now that is the very definition of a fundamentalist Christian. Nimh, why would you expect Rex to consider any facts?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 05:19 pm
Speaking only for myself, a prideful self-worshiping liberal tabloid smut peddler, I've always had a soft spot for Tammy Faye. I named my dog after her because I know how much she loves dogs. I mean, look at how she treated her dogs! Yipes! I mean, my house doesn't even have air conditioning.

I too thought that photo was in poor taste -- but every single cover from tabloids is in poor taste. The magazines are in poor taste. What did you expect?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 05:25 pm
RexRed wrote:

Why? Have you heavily invested in the cosmetics industry?

RexRed wrote:

Leaving aside the undeniable fact that most news media outlets are owned by conservatives, one does wonder if Rex would have no problem seeing a Jewish woman with cancer on the front page. Would it be OK to put a picture of a Muslim woman with cancer on the front page? Are we to have sympathy only for Christian women?

Typical Rex drivel.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 05:29 pm
The photo saddened me so deeply I won't go on about it for I might seem like I am... too tender hearted...

I can't even think about it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 05:30 pm
The expression mealy-mouthed hypocrite does come to mind . . .
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 05:30 pm
RexRed wrote:
The photo saddened me so deeply I won't go on about it for I might seem like I am... too tender hearted...

Yes, I'm sure that's it, just too tender hearted (the psychotic part being left behind)
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 05:41 pm
Setanta wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Why? Have you heavily invested in the cosmetics industry?

RexRed wrote:

Leaving aside the undeniable fact that most news media outlets are owned by conservatives, one does wonder if Rex would have no problem seeing a Jewish woman with cancer on the front page. Would it be OK to put a picture of a Muslim woman with cancer on the front page? Are we to have sympathy only for Christian women?

Typical Rex drivel.

Anyone who has dedicated their life to God and "saving" people from their fears has my love. Jewish, Muslim, Christian or even medical professionals. No one deserves to be paraded like this when they are so seriously ill. It is the service to the world where the world has not served her well with this latest feelingless deed. Especially a woman has pride in her appearance...

It was only number of months ago when she was on Fox news and she was beaming with the same hopeful exuberance which has been here trademark.

Also her love for Jesus has a soft spot in my heart... Jesus was semitic wasn't he Set?

And Muslims revere him so what is the rub? She love Jesus more than generality and she deserves better...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 05:42 pm
Setanta wrote:
The expression mealy-mouthed hypocrite does come to mind . . .

Mirror
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 05:42 pm
dyslexia wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Yes, I'm sure that's it, just too tender hearted (the psychotic part being left behind)

At least I have a heart...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 05:44 pm
Setanta wrote:

Well, if you think about it - what he literally was asking, rhetorically, was:

"would a conservative put a Christian woman stricken with cancer on the front page?"

So perhaps he was just pointing out that, you know, conservatives, in general, have no problem putting a Muslim, Hindu or Jewish woman stricken with cancer on the front page, but that for a conservative, its putting a Christian woman up like that is the thing that rankles.

That kind of makes sense, actually Twisted Evil
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 05:47 pm
Galatians 6:10
As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 07:05 pm
RexRed wrote:
Galatians 6:10
As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

wait a minute, are you telling me that that reject from a revlon bargain bin is one of them who are of the household of the faith

she she didn't so much use the lord's name in vain, she used it for personal gain

you're a delusional little man aren't you
0 Replies