MS excell help

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2003 02:53 am
How can I copy the fomula of a destination cell which contains consolidation of data in cells pertaining to different worksheets ?
Secondly if I add worksheets in between the worksheets wherein the data has been consolidated, will those additional worksheets be taken care of in consolidation operation automatically?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,115 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2003 07:00 am
(1) copy a cel's formula by clicking on the cel and going to the entry line at the top (the one that says B1 or whatever cel you want to be in). Once you click in the entry line, it will change, and show you a red X, a light green check mark and a black fx. Scroll over the entire formula and click copy (control-C). Go to the destination cel and click paste (control-V).

Now, if you want to copy the formula but change the variables (e. g. the original formula refers to cel B1 but you want a formula referring to cel B2), you can copy the formula down by going to the cel the formula is in. Move your cursor to the lower right corner until the cursor is a black cross. Click and drag down. The formula will be copied automatically.

(2) Adding or subtracting worksheets will never interfere with formulas, unless you subtract a worksheet that a formula is referencing.
0 Replies

sachin patwardhan

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 02:30 am
The suggestions made by u, doesn't seem to work. I am working on Office-2000 and the things u have mentioned in point no.(1) do not happen. I am stranded.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 06:16 am
Well, they work just fine in Excel 95, 97 and 2000. I've used these methods in all 3 versions. Hmm.

But I do see I missed 1 step, which is, after clicking control-C, hit enter - otherwise, excel may mess up and add to the first formula, rather than copy that formula so that you can paste it into the second cel.
0 Replies