Can you survive only on meal replacement bars/shakes?

deadeye

Sun 31 May, 2009 10:57 am
@maporsche,
i dont know exactly, but i survived off from monster, bread, and water for a year
CalamityJane

Sun 31 May, 2009 12:29 pm
@deadeye,
You've been to jail? Shocked
0 Replies

sam31368

Wed 7 Sep, 2011 06:58 pm
I agree, I often wish there was a "food pill" that would fill me up at meal time. I am picky about food and I am sick of the few things I do eat. I stay away from fatty foods for fear of gaining weight so my diet consists of chicken, fiber breads/cereal/yogurt, zone bars, some vegetables, apples, etc...but I am at a point where nothing sounds appealing anymore. I run so I need food for energy and I am always hungry. Protein bars don't seem to fill me up enough other than as a snack, but not as a meal. There has to be some Pill that could provide nutrients of a meal and most of all, be filling!! I would still eat some meals, but nice to have a pill as an option when short on time or when I don't feel like any foods.
0 Replies

re1ndeer

Thu 4 Jul, 2013 07:18 pm
@maporsche,
I am using Boost, Ensure, and Whey protein powder to my wife who just doesn't want to eat anymore(dementia related)........I keep the calorie/protein up to keep her stable.............but this works, and will work indefinitely....
0 Replies

cosmetictours

Thu 11 Jul, 2013 03:43 am
@maporsche,
There are many shakes and concoction that works for weight loss. Sure this is simple however to fortify your weight loss orogram it is important to have a diet pill regularly
0 Replies

mkgondor

Sat 25 Jan, 2014 04:37 pm
@maporsche,
It is slightly pricey (about $120/week) but Jemmy Craig is fantastic. Fully proportioned and balanced meals. Much better than fast food. That cost covers breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a snack daily. Even dressing for your salads. I eat Paleo (a diet that is dairy, gluten, soy, and sugar free) currently because it gives me crazy amounts of energy. However, it takes so much time and is expensive. I hope that someday food capsules will come out. I don't enjoy eating constantly. And I hate feeling full. But until then, prepackaged food companies are great whether you want to lose weight or not. I highly recommend it. Don't waste your time on just protein bars or shakes. Better to eat balanced than to intake so many artificial ingredients. Plus, if you're anything like me, just eating sweet flavors makes me feel sick. I need salty flavors too.
0 Replies

punky7

Tue 29 Apr, 2014 10:33 am
@maporsche,
I went on the OPTIFAST diet a few years ago. It is exactly as you want, just shakes and bars. I lost 70 lbs in 6 months. After the first week, it is very easy to just live on the food.
You do have to go to a doctor every week and have your blood checked. It is a great plan and your insurance should pay for everything except the shakes and bars. (There is also a clear soup)
0 Replies

grimmerMD

Fri 2 May, 2014 02:03 am
Due to the severe appetite suppression caused by methylated amphetamine, I just haven't been able to get a morsel of food into me over the past few days so Boost meal replacement drinks have been a lifesaver so far. Mood stable, body feels quite well, and already some weight has come off, so it seems they're useful for relatively short stimulant binges or conventional diet. As for living on them indefinitely, I don't think it could be done as you need fiber to keep your GI tract healthy. And all the vitamins in supplements, though useful, are not nearly as effective as vitamins when found in their natural sources, as often there are other chemicals in the plant/animal which greatly assist the absorption and metabolism of the vitamins. I have no clue what kind of nutritional deficit you'd be looking at, but I don't think it's a good idea.
0 Replies

vikramguliya

Mon 5 May, 2014 01:41 am
One can Survive by having bars and Shakes but can't be healthy for sure. Because if its some a short period of time our body can manage to generate energy for our day to day activities but not in long run.
0 Replies

Ericat23

Fri 27 Feb, 2015 02:30 am
Look up soylent it has everything your body needs
You will be healthy and can drink this for every meal
Region Philbis

Fri 27 Feb, 2015 04:22 am
@Ericat23,

i looked up soylent...

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3204/3045547441_ab977060a9.jpg

Shocked
0 Replies

rammse

Wed 4 Mar, 2015 02:47 am
@sozobe,
eating is one of best things we can ever make
0 Replies

Raxton39

Sun 28 Jun, 2015 07:44 am
@maporsche,
There are the Soylent shakes. They are pretty pricey, but you can live off it, thats what they are made for. They have all the.nutrients a person needs to survive. I heard the tastw is pretty neutral, not good or bad. So if you are up for that, go for it.
0 Replies